41| PERRY 2.0

At school, Adam, Bree and Harper were on their way to their next class when a student in a green striped sweater and a grey hat approached them

"Oh, terribly sorry to trouble you, but could you help me find me locker?" The unfamiliar student asked in a thick Irish accent.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't speak Leprechaun." Adam replied.

"But he is fluent in Doofus." Bree added, playfully hitting her brother on the arm.

Harper stepped in and checked the student's schedule before pointing across the hall. "Your locker is right there at 324."

"Brilliant." The boy said gratefully with a smile. He began to walk away before turning around to face them. "Oh! I'm Alistair, by the way. Foreign exchange student from Ireland."

Harper smiled and shook his hand. "Oh. Nice to meet you, Alistair. I'm Harper, that's Bree and Adam."

"We can show you around, and he..." Bree began as she looked up and down at her brother. "Can show you how to warm up a sandwich in your armpit."

Adam hummed in agreement. "But I'm warning you, the cheese sticks are gonna get messy."

"Welcome to America." Bree introduced with a wide smile.

"Cheers." Alistair responded, tipping the front of his hat before he turned and walked towards his locker.

"Wait a second." Adam began in a whisper, pulling Bree and Harper aside. "New kid? From a foreign country? Do you know what this means?"

"That you're not the only one we'll have to speak slowly to?" Bree questioned.

"No." Adam told his sister. He looked over to face Alistair and sighed. "He's a bionic spy." Bree and Harper exchanged confused expressions. "Well, think about it. Marcus was the 'new kid' and look what happened with him. We can't take any chances. You two hold him down, I'll strip him for parts."

Adam was about to walk away until Harper grabbed his arm and stopped him. "No! Adam, you are overreacting. Alistair seems like a nice guy."

The three teenagers glanced over at Alistair, who waved at them before walking to his first class. Bree and Harper waved back while Adam rolled his eyes and sighed.

"You know who also seemed like a nice guy? Marcus! Alistair's a bionic spy, and I'm gonna prove it. Even if I have to learn how to speak Ireland-ish." Adam insisted.

With that, he rushed down the halls leaving Bree and Harper in the middle of the hallway.

Harper rolled her eyes. "Irish. He speaks with an Irish accent."

••••

It was time for P.E. Harper wore the sport uniform as she stood next to Bree, getting ready for class.