26| BRO DOWN

Harper was over at the Davenport's early in the morning, dressed in black leather skinny jeans, a black long-sleeved shirt, a washed-out denim jacket

Harper was over at the Davenport's early in the morning, dressed in black leather skinny jeans, a black long-sleeved shirt, a washed-out denim jacket. She completed her outfit with a pair of peached coloured flats.

She, Adam and Leo entered the lab from the elevators.

Harper furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when she saw a rope on the ground. She turned to see Chase in the corner, his face filled with excitement and a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Trap." Leo said out as he and Harper walked by.

Adam furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, looking around the room. "Trap what?"

As Adam stepped into the trap, Chase clicked the button, causing the rope to tighten around his foot and lift him up to the ceiling.

Harper leaped away to away to avoid Adam's swinging arms.

"Oh, yes! It worked!" Chase exclaimed happily, jumping up and down. He approached Adam. "Now, let's see how you like being relentlessly manhandled!" Everyone looked at him uncertainly. "That came out wrong."

"Ya think?" Harper questioned with a smirk.

"Oh, the trap was on the floor." Adam chuckled.

"Yep, and now we're gonna play a game called 'Human Pinata'. But instead of candy, we're gonna guess what Adam had for lunch." Chase said.

Harper crossed her arms. "Ironically, I'm guessing it's candy."

"You're forgetting one thing, Chase. I can use my heat vision to break free." Adam reminded.

"Adam, I don't think..." She trailed off.

Adam aimed his heat vision at the rope, burning through it. He landed on his shoulder first on the cyber desk with a loud thud, causing the group to wince.

Adam shot up from the ground. "Ha! Nice try!"

Harper's mouth dropped in shock as she saw Adam's shoulder pop out of place, his arm swinging behind him meeting his other shoulder.

Bree nervously pointed at his shoulder. "Uh, Adam?"

Adam looked at his arm and laughed. "Whoa! I never knew my arm could bend like that."

"Um...." Chase trailed off hesitantly. "It can't."

Adam paused before yelling in pain and clutched his shoulder.

Leo rolled his eyes back and lost feeling in his legs, prompting Harper to catch him before he fell to the ground.

••••

Mr. Davenport hurried into the lab when he heard what had happened. He quickly popped Adam's shoulder back in place and gave him a sling.

Afterwards, Mr. Davenport scanned the bionic teenager once more.