21| SPEED TRAPPED

"Harper!"

"Harper!"

The teenager groaned to herself and rolled out of her tiny, yet comfortable bed. While neatly tucking in the corner of her bed sheet into the headboard, she took her time just to annoy her sister.

"Harper!" Lyla called again.

"I'm up!" Harper yelled back as she went to the bathroom.

She washed her hair and her body thoroughly until she smelled  like her fruity shower gel. The hot water loosened her strained muscles as she shaved her legs, lazily running a razor over her legs to remove the small stubble that had appeared over the weekend.

As Harper wrapped the towel around her wet body, her sister called her name again. She ignored her.

Once Harper made it back to her bedroom, she got dressed. She put on a black singlet with a red plaid shirt over the top and a pair of black skinny jeans. She couldn't be bothered brushing her hair, so she threw a red beanie over the top.

Harper then did her makeup. She decided against foundation since her skin was clear, just adding concealer to the dark circles rimming her eyes. She did her eyebrows and some mascara before packing all her stuff away.

She jogged down the stairs and grabbed her backpack which she had packed the night before. After making sure her homework, which she enjoyed doing, was in there, she went down to the kitchen.

Lyla sat at the table eating his porridge once more. "Am I taking you to school?"

"Actually, no." Harper replied. "A guy that I really like is picking me up and we're walking to school together."

Lyla raised her eyebrows. "A guy? With who? Is it Chase?"

"No, it's not Chase, Lyla. His name is Marcus. We've hung out a couple of times." Harper informed.

Before Lyla could say anything, else there was a knock on the front door. The siblings stared at each other, knowing exactly who it was. They quickly dashed to the front door.

Harper opened the front door to see Marcus on the other side.

"Hey." Marcus greeted with a gentle smile.

"Hi." Harper responded, a light blush spreading across her cheeks. She then felt her sister's presence behind her. "Right. Lyla, this is Marcus. Marcus, this is my older sister Lyla."

Marcus offered a wave and smiled at Lyla. Lyla narrowed her eyes and stared at the teenage boy, scanning him. Harper gave her sister a slight pointed look, telling her not to embarrass them.

Eventually, Lyla extended a stiff hand to Marcus with narrowed eyes. Marcus carefully took the hand and shook it firmly.

"You better be a good one" Lyla said coldly, the sentence nearly sounding like a threat. "And you better hope that I like you."