39| LLAMA DRAMA

At school, Principal Perry assigned students to watch over the Dooey Dingo costume, because the rival school always stole it

At school, Principal Perry assigned students to watch over the Dooey Dingo costume, because the rival school always stole it. Since Adam and Chase were looking after the mascot, Harper caught up with Bree and Leo.

The three teenagers walked into the gym and saw all sorts of things being set up. Harper narrowed her eyes in confusion as she looked around, noticing the sign 'Domino Domination Tournament Tomorrow'.

"What's going on in here? 'Domino Domination'?" Bree asked in confusion.

Leo shrugged. "I don't know anything about Dominos, but if it means gym class is cancelled, I'm all for it."

"I've actually heard about this." Harper began, resting her hands on her hips. "Domino toppling is the activity of standing up dominoes in sequence known as a domino run and then triggering the first one in line to create a chain reaction which is also called the domino effect."

"You and Chase deserve each other." Leo deadpanned.

Harper smiled. Thanks."

"Oh, hey, Caitlin." Bree greeted when her friend entered the gym. The three followed her to a table. "Are you doing the Domino Domination?"

"'Doing'? No. Annihilating every competitor that comes my way? Yes!" Caitlin answered. Harper raised an eyebrow. "You may not know this, but I come from four generations of domino-droppers."

Leo furrowed his eyebrows. "And that's something you're proud of?"

Caitlin pulled out a silver domino medal from underneath her jacket. "I got stuck with second place last year. If it happens again, I'll have to shave my head, move to the desert, and hope the coyotes will accept me as one of their own."

"That's something a stable person would say." Harper muttered sarcastically under her breath.

"So, how do these competitions work?" Bree wondered.

"You get points for the number of dominos toppled and originality." Caitlin explained with a wide smile. "My designs are super original 'cause, well, there's only one me!"

"Amen to that!" Leo agreed.

"Do you guys want to do it with me?" Caitlin offered the three teenagers. "My teammates just bailed. They couldn't handle the pressure."

Bree snickered. "The pressure of dominos?"

She, Harper and Leo couldn't help but laugh before the three suddenly stopped when they noticed the look Caitlin was giving them.

Caitlin sighed. "I just wish I didn't have to set it all up by myself."

"Well, hey, we'll help you. That sounds fun." Bree provided before turning to Leo and Harper.

Leo shook his head. "Uh, no it does not."

"Yeah, and who is 'we'?" Harper questioned.

"Okay, come on, guys, what else do you have going on today?" Bree questioned.