24| QUARANTINED

In the lab, Leo held a tablet in his arms while Harper stood next to him clicking on the presentation

In the lab, Leo held a tablet in his arms while Harper stood next to him clicking on the presentation. Adam, Bree and Chase were beside the duo as they all listened to Mr. Davenport.

"Guys, I need to prep you for a very important mission, and to demonstrate, Leo-" Mr. Davenport trailed off.

"Anh-Danh. Mission Specialists Dooley and Wilson." Leo corrected. "Will be adding a little more audio-visual 'prizazzle' to the usual snooze-fest."

Leo slid his finger across the tablet and a firework show popped up on the monitor. The bionic siblings and Mr. Davenport gave them odd looks.

"Hey, we are mission specialists now, might as well bedazzle the presentation." Harper added with a smirk.

Mr. Davenport rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to the bionic siblings. "Tonight, I'm sending you to gather intelligence."

Chase smirked. "Oh, you hear that, Adam? You'd better bring a big basket."

"Leo." Mr. Davenport called, pointing to the monitor. "I was satellite-scouting industrial sites when I found this warehouse that I think is a front for environmental criminals. See these barrels? They're full of toxic chemicals. They're expensive to dispose of properly, so they're probably just gonna dump them into the sea."

"Which could harm ocean life and obliterate the coastline." Leo added.

The group's attention was averted from the mission details to Bree's laughter.

"Owen, you are so sweet." Bree said on the phone, chuckling. "Yes, I will 'Bree' your valentine. See, he took my name and-"

"Yeah. We got it." Chase retorted.

"Even I got it." Adam said before turning to Leo and Harper. "I didn't get it."

Harper pursed her lips and patted his shoulder. "It's okay."

"What is going on?" Mr. Davenport asked.

Adam groaned. "She's talking to Owen again."

"He's an artist, and he claims that Bree is his muse." Chase clarified.

"Well, I for one, am not a-mused." Mr. Davenport stated. Leo clicked the tablet and played the wah-wah-wah tone. "Gimme that!" He snatched the table from Leo's hands and gave it to Harper before turning to Bree. "And you, off the phone."

"Ugh! Fine." Bree groaned, turning off her phone. "Just tell us what you invented, what went wrong, and how long till it blows up."

"Look, the police cannot bust these guys without evidence, so I need you to sneak in there and gather samples. Show 'em the barrel." Mr. Davenport said, and Harper removed the cloth off the replica barrel. "Now, there's only one safe way to get the samples and Leo-"

Leo cleared his throat. "Ahem."

"Sorry. Mission Specialist Dooley and Wilson will demonstrate." Mr. Davenport mocked. "First, take the canister and attach it to the spout. Push down on and turn 45 degrees..." Leo struggled to turn the canister, Harper rolled her eyes and turned it herself. "... to create an airtight seal. Then pull the handle."