22| SPY FLY

Harper had a French test coming up in a few days

Harper had a French test coming up in a few days. She needed to get an A on it to prevent her grade from dropping. Every other subject she would pass without a doubt, but French was her kryptonite.

That's why she decided to study with Chase, who was the smartest person she knew.

In the lab, Harper, Chase and Bree were studying at the cyber desk while Adam sat on a swivel chair, eating a bowl of cereal.

Chase simply stared at the side of Harper's face as she tried to read a word. It wasn't a complicated word for him, but considering she didn't know the language like him, she was having a hard time pronouncing it.

Harper was pouting as she always did when she was confused and focused, which made him smile sheepishly at her.

Bree couldn't help but smirk at her brother and her best friend, sensing something was happening between the two.

Then all of a sudden, a fly began buzzing around the lab, mainly flying around Bree.

"What is that?" Bree asked, swatting her hands around.

Chase chuckled softly. "Bree, relax. It's just a fly."

"Well, why is it bothering me when the foul, ripe stench of Adam is right there?" She questioned, pointing at Adam.

Adam shrugged his shoulders. "Lucky undies. Nine days in a row and no lightning strikes. That's science."

"Actually, flies don't have noses. Instead, they smell with their antenna. Each antenna is covered with tiny hairs called sensilla. Each sensilla contains a few neurons- fly brain cells." Harper informed.

Chase looked at her in adoration, as if she had hung the moon and stars herself. She looked at him with a tight smile. 

For a moment, it was quiet, with them only looking at each other.

But their moment of silence was short lived, disrupted by the lab doors opening and Leo walking in, laughing hysterically at Bree who continued swatting the fly away from her.

"You look ridiculous." Leo chuckled.

"Well, yeah, so would you if you had some flying thing attacking you." Bree responded.

"Would I?" Leo wondered with a smirk.

Leo opened his palm and the fly landed straight on his hand. Harper narrowed her eyes in confusion as the fly didn't move.

"How'd you do that?" Bree asked curiously.

"I talk to insects. They call me the fly whisperer." Leo explained with a wide smile, obviously lying.

Harper scoffed. "Leo, one night when you were in the kitchen, you saw a bug on the wall. You screamed your head off and called for Tasha to help."

Adam immediately jumped out of the swivel chair and rushed towards Leo. "You can talk to flies? Ask them why bees are such jerks!"