6| SMART AND SMARTER

Harper slung her bag strap over her shoulder as she walked through the school hallways with Adam and Bree

Harper slung her bag strap over her shoulder as she walked through the school hallways with Adam and Bree. She wore a white and green striped sweater over a pair of ripped jeans and added a pair of brown lace-up boots.

Sometimes, Harper would wonder what she did to deserve to meet amazing people like Adam, Bree and Chase. Since they came into her life, it has been awesome. The three bionic siblings care so much for her and always give her a reason to be happy. Harper question how her life would have been now if she had not met Adam, Bree and Chase.

"Oh, check out what I've done with my locker!" Adam beamed. Bree and Harper stood beside him as he opened his locker which he decorated himself. "Tah-dah! Here's where I keep my books. Down here I keep random strands of hair I've collected to make fake mustaches and here is where I stockpile old lunches or as I like to call it, my tum-tum-yum-yums."

Harper grimaced. "Ew."

Bree spun around to see Leo approaching them. "Hey, Leo. What's that?"

"My progress report." Leo replied with a frown. "I can't believe my science teacher says I'm always late to class."

"You are always late to class." Adam stated.

"I know that, but I don't need it publicized." Leo responded.

"Then maybe don't be late to class anymore." Harper suggested, sending her best friend a look.

Chase's sneaker cuffed on the ground as he rushed to the group, holding his report card. "Look at this! An A-minus. I knew my home ec teacher had it out for me."

Harper furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "How did you get an A-minus in Home Economics? That's an easy class."

"Always criticizing my muffins." Chase grumbled under his breath.

"Ha ha! I beat you! I got a D-plus! Plus because I'm better." Adam taunted, holding his report card.

"Adam, the plus is..." Bree trailed off before she stopped herself. "You know what? It's just not even worth it anymore."

"D is not a good grade, but we don't really expect you to get good grades." Chase explained.

"Who cares about D's? You still pass high school. Will you get into college with them? Not really but you still finish high school." Harper simply told them.

Leo raised his eyebrows at his best friend. "Didn't you freak out when you got a 99 on a test instead of a 100 last month?"

"Yeah..." Harper answered quietly, slowly nodding her head. "I'm still talking to my counsellor about it."

"What does your report card say?" Chase asked, turning his attention to Harper.

"Um... you know it doesn't really matter. Grades are just letters." She anxiously said as she lowered her report card, smiling innocently towards Chase.