17| NIGHT OF THE LIVING VIRUS

In the middle of Mission Creek, inside a large brown house, Harper was getting ready for a slumber party that Bree was hosting tonight

Shirts, jeans, shorts, tops and jackets were scatting across the carpet. She blew away the long brown strands that had fallen across her face as she continued packing for the sleep over.

After several minutes, She finally finished packing her stuff. She grabbed her bag, jogged down the stairs and made her way into the kitchen.

Lyla sat at the breakfast bar, happily eating her porridge. The radio played old music from the 90s through the speakers behind her.

"Morning, Harps." Lyla greeted as Harper grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl, taking a large bite. "Will you be joining me for breakfast this morning or are you going to the Davenport's?"

"I'm going over to the Davenport's. Bree's having a slumber party and I promised that I'd help. Sorry, Lyla." Harper replied with a slight frown.

Lyla nodded. "That's fine."

Harper gave her sister a smile before she quickly left, shutting the front door behind her and raced down the steps, making her way to her best friend's house.

••••

Harper opened the front door to the Davenport mansion and stopped at the entrance to see Adam, Chase and Leo playing a virtual game in the middle of the living room.

"Yes! Totally gonna make it to the final level!" Chase exclaimed happily.

The video game made a noise when they died, and the three boys sighed in defeat and slumped on the couch.

Leo frowned. "I just wasted three hours of my life getting to that level. I'm never playing Mental Chaos again."

Chase nodded. "Me neither."

"Me neither." Adam agreed.

Leo, Chase and Adam all exchanged a look. "Again!"

Harper rolled her eyes when they jumped up and instantly began playing the game once more.

"Hello to you guys too." Harper muttered as she walked further into the living room and placed her bag on the couch.

"Leo, will you stop playing that game?" Tasha questioned as she strolled into the living room. "It is nothing but a huge timewaster that is going to rot your brain."

"Ooh, Mental Chaos! I got next!" Mr. Davenport shouted excitedly as he ran down the stairs and jumped onto the couch.

Tasha stared at her husband in disbelief. "Donald! I was just telling Leo that he's playing too much."

"Huh, you're telling me. He almost beat my high score." Mr. Davenport pointed out.

"I'm just saying, this game is affecting him. Last week he tried to pause me. Twice!" Tasha explained.