43| PRANK YOU VERY MUCH

In the Davenport mansion, Harper and Chase sat on the couch in the living room studying with their books and papers spread out over the table

Grades have always been important to Harper, and she had a strong desire to prove her intelligence, so there was no way she was going to accept anything less than a B+.

Luckily, some subjects were easier for her than others so she worried less about English and History and focused most of her efforts on French.

Chase simply stared at the side of Harper's face as she studied and sheepishly smiled. Her eyes shone like the brightest star in the night sky. When their lips touched, he felt like the luckiest guy alive. When he held her in his arms he felt as if time froze and nothing could tear them apart.

She constantly made him smile and there was never a moment that went by that he didn't think of her.

She was the light in his life and the understanding partner that he could never let go of for anything in the world. When he was around her, he felt so happy.

Harper looked at Chase from the corner of her eye to see that he was looking at her.

"You know, it's rude to stare." Harper pointed out, raising her eyebrows at him.

"It's not my fault you're so beautiful." Chase responded.

Chase then leaned forward and pressed a kiss against her lips. Harper rolled her eyes and leaned into the kiss, her heart racing every time she did so. She still couldn't believe that their relationship had reached a point where they could kiss whenever they wanted.

He hummed against her lips, tucking her brunette hair behind her ear with his free hand.

Their kiss was full of tenderness and passion, a dance of two hearts in perfect harmony. Harper felt Chase's arms wrap around her, pulling her close as they lost themselves in the moment.

The world around them ceased to exist, leaving only the two of them in a sea of pure, unbridled emotion.

The kiss lasted for what felt like an eternity, their lips parting only for brief moments to catch their breath. They explored each other's mouths with a gentle urgency, their tongues intertwining in a dance of passion and desire.

"Hey, guys!" Tasha called as she walked into the kitchen.

The couple quickly pulled apart and sat on opposite ends of the couch, putting as much distance between each other as they could. Harper tentatively brought her hand up to her lips; their kiss had smudged her lip gloss.

"Hi, Tasha." Harper greeted nervously.

"Am I interrupting something?" Tasha wondered, walking over to the fridge to get a snack.

Chase shook his head. "No, not at all. We were just studying."

"Yeah, just studying." Harper added quietly, fumbling with her hands nervously. "Well, we better head down to the lab and see what everyone else is doing."