16| AIR LEO

Out of all the different sports Harper had played throughout her life, she never thought she would end up trying out for the cheerleading squad

Bree had asked her to join the squad and she gladly accepted.

She didn't have a busy schedule and spent most of her time at the Davenport mansion hanging out with Leo, Adam, Bree and Chase anyway.

Early in the morning, Bree and Harper were practicing their routine in the living room where they couldn't be bothered by any of the guys.

"Ready! Okay!" Bree shouted as she and Harper shook their pom-poms.

"We're dynamite! We're dynamite!" The girls cheered. "We're tick-tick-tick-tick boom! Dynamite! We're boom! Dynamite! Whoo! Boom! Boom!"

Then all of a sudden, Adam ran into the room, panting with a hand over his chest. "Bree, Harper, you scared me! I thought you guys blew up."

"No, Adam, we were practicing our cheer." Harper informed.

"Oh, you mean, tick-tick-tick-tick boom! We're dynamite! We're boom!" Adam shouted, jumping from side to side. "Also, what is boom dynamite? I'm all excited and I don't even know what it is!"

Bree smiled. "Adam, that's the beauty of cheerleading. You don't have to think."

"Then it's perfect for me! I cannot wait for try-outs!" Adam exclaimed, happily.

"Wait, you're trying out?" Bree questioned.

"Duh, you just saw my mad tick-boom-pow skills. Pow! That's the pow part." Adam replied.

"You can't try out for cheerleading. That's our thing." Bree explained, motioning her pom-poms between herself and Harper. "And besides, there's only two spots open on the squad, and you do not wanna compete against us."

"Yeah, I do. See, cheerleading is one of the few sports that isn't competitive enough to raise my adrenaline and make me glitch out. So, primp your pom-poms, girlies, cause I'm about to be aggressive! Be-e aggressive!" Adam chuckled. "Again, I'm all excited and I don't even know why!"

Bree crossed her arms and glared at Adam as he skipped out of the living room.

"Come on, Bree, let's continue our routine." Harper insisted.

••••

Stephanie, the cheer captain always had something rude to say to Harper whenever she had the chance.

Harper never understood why because she had never done anything to Stephanie. She hadn't even had a conversation with Stephanie until she picked on her a few times in their English class due to her smartness.

Harper stretched in the corner of the gym, waiting for her and Bree's turn to try-out. Adam kept nagging his sister the whole school day, trying to convince her if he could join the cheer squad.