𓊈卍 𝟔𝟕 卍𓊉

Out of nowhere, Vincent just walked through the door that led to freedom that was always too far from my reach, and found me laying in my own filth, and someone else's blood.

He staggered towards me with his brittle old man steps, dropped his cane, and fell to his knees beside me.

His hazel eyes were streaming with tears, as he picked up my boney, battered, and dying body.

"Stay with me!!"

He begged me to stay with him, in the limited Japanese he knew. I don't remember what I thought exactly in that moment, but I knew it was hopeless. I was as good as dead.

"𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙺𝚊𝚗𝚘!! 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐!!"

𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐, he told me.

I have been fighting. For years. I fought, I suffered, and now I'll die here. I was exhausted, and just done crawling through this hell.

But that's not the last thing I thought when I was half conscious.

I thought about my grandfather. If the monster catches him here, it won't end well for him.

And I was right.

The next thing I knew, another silhouette blurred in my vision.

Then, there was a click.

Followed by a loud bang.

Blood flew through the air, and I can still feel the last of his warmth sprinkle onto my face like gentle summer rainfall.

That was it. He was gone. Just like that.

It wasn't like all the other deaths of the complete strangers I put out of their misery, or watch get tortured to their last breath. This hurt so much more.

I didn't scream. I didn't cry. But this pain was the most agonizing torture I have ever had to endure.

That was until... I killed the person who saved me from that past, in a twisted future that I created.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BANG!!!

Takemichi winces as the second gunshot rings through the air. He grips Nakano's hand tightly after he pushes it away from her head. The gun clatters to the ground after falling out of her hand, and he's quick to pick it up and hold it away from her.

"Nakano!!"

He can't be mad at her for trying to kill herself, but he's definitely upset with the fact that she tried. He doesn't even know what to say afterwards. Don't do that? Why would you do that? It's obvious to him at this point. Mikey's dead body lying right behind them explains it all. The moment feels hopeless. Tears are streaming from his face as he grips the gun tightly in his hand.

As he continues to stare at her, she slowly turns around. Their eyes meet, but something is... Off.

Her gaze moves to Mikey's corpse, and her eyes widen. In a single heartbeat, she throws herself at Takemichi, and tackles him to the ground. She grabs him by the neck, and presses his arms down with her knees.

He struggles against her iron grip, and writhes in pain because of her crushing strength. He can hear her seething, and the hostile rage is evident on her face.