CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: In his arms

I watch Jack as he focus on eating his food.

I smile inwardly.

Is he trying to feign ignorance?.

I turn towards han and i saw him eating as well.

Good, looks like everyone is hungry.

I focus on mine as well and finally jack stood up and walk away

He didn't say any words after announcing to me that the dinner is ready.

" How is Maureen doing ? " I asked han and he look up at me and smile.

That caught me off guard.

" She's doing fine. " He said.

Good, now that he is in good mood i should ask him what has been bothering me.

" So i think you should be able to keep your end of the bargain and tell me about Mr Mike " i told him and he dropped the cutlery and swallow uneasily.

" Can i tell you on our way back tomorrow? " He asked me almost pleading.

"No problem "i nodded quickly and i saw him stood up and leave.

Great! I am alone in this great dinning room.

I ate my food and i smile to myself as i realized Jack is not only a good swimmer but also a good cook.

After satisfying myself i cleared the table and goes into the kitchen to wash the dishes.

It is only a right thing to do.

I told myself .

I left the kitchen after getting everything in order and i goes into the living room and i saw no one.

The interior was alluring and charming that i ascend the stairs and walk to the window and stare down.

It was nearly dark and i could feel the cool breeze on my face.

I suck in a breath as i saw the Olympic size pool and i knew immediately that Jack has it there for a reason.

The thought of him swimming in the pool filled my mind and i chuckled at myself.

" What is so funny ? " I heard Jack asked and i swiftly turn back to look at him.

" Uh... It's the uhm " i stammer as i did not want to tell him i was smiling at the thought of him swimming.

I stare at him and i notice his wet hair.
I peer closely and i realized he changed his cloth as well even though the one he wore earlier seem very the same as this one.

He appear relax in his house and i understand.

This is his territory.

He has his hands in his pocket and I wonder if he knows how sexy his voice is.

He stood still waiting for me to say something.

" I was marvel as i saw the pool " i said after finding my voice.

" Is that all ? " He asked walking towards me.

I stepped back and he continues walking towards me until my back was against the wall.

He stood closely to me that his breath caressed my face.

" That is all " i said.

He bent down so he could meet my height and stare at me.

" Let me show you to your room. You need rest " he said and walk away.

I let out a breath and follow him to the guess room which look tidy as well and comfy.