CHAPTER FORTY FIVE: Is she dead?

Jack's Pov

I panicked not minding the stare from my staffs. The thought of Jill taken filled my mind and i couldn't help but feel miserable.

If only i have had enough strength to push her away.

If only i advised her to go back to Claw foot club, if only ... I choked back my thoughts as i turned to Han who stop driving.

" What's wrong? Why did you stop ?" I asked him urgently.

We have both immediately taken my car to go after Jill, han has insisted to drive because he knows the normal routes to Jill's house.

" There " he mutters weakly pointing ahead. I turn slowly to the direction of where his finger was pointing to.

" Isn't that her car? " I asked in a low tone full of awe. I didn't wait for his answer before i dash out and towards Jill's car which was abandoned by the road side. Han followed me.
I opened the car gently, praying i would see Jill's happy face but to my shock and horror all i could see is one of her heel and traces of blood.

My heart dropped into my stomach at the sight of this, my knees grow weak threatening to fail me but i held on always. I had to.

The thought hit me hard and i turned to han.

" Maureen? Please call Maureen " i said urgently.

He obey in haste.

What if anything happens to her too ?
I fidget on my feet.
My cellphone rang from my pocket, i brought it out quickly to see Donald calling. I declined.

" She is okay, i just get off the phone with her " i heard han says to me.

Relieve wash over my heavy mind when i heard my sister is safe then new panicked rised at the thought of Jill.

Oh goodness! What should i do? I rested my back on Jill's car thinking very hard.

" I need to go home to see my sister " i told Han who stood besides me.

" I think we should call the cops jack " i heard han suggested.

I shook my head slowly. " You still don't get it, no cops would arrest that evil powerful man. He's too wealthy for that " i replied in anger clenching my hands into a fists.

I get into the car behind the wheel and han came to me beside the window of the car.

" What should we do now ?" He asked nervously. I smile inwardly, at least i got someone who will worry with me.

My thoughts went to Jill's dad and i hang down my head.

" Jill's dad will surely kill me if he heard this " I mutters miserably. That man will Never forgive me if the beautiful model got killed.

I shudder at the thought of it. Get yourself calm Jack Mayor ! My inner voice yell at me.

I turn to han clenching my teeth.
" Please go to Don's house and tell him what's going on. We should keep it away from media for now. " I said to han.

" Good idea, thank you. If anything comes up please call. " He said to me and I nodded.

For sure i will call him. I drove away to my house.

I came out of my car hastily dashing inside. Everywhere is silent and tidy.
I raced to the upper floor and straight into Maureen's room without knocking.

I saw her getting out of the bathroom, towel around her body. She look at me surprised.

" What is wrong Jack ? " She asked , her wet hair dripping water on the marble floor tiles.

I walk up to her pulling her close to my embrace.

" Are you okay? " I asked hoarsely.

She pulled away staring at me in confusion.

" Jack what's going on? " She asked again and i sighed.

Then for the first time since i barge into her room i noticed she is half naked with only a towel around her.

" Get dress first. I will be in the sitting room " i said walking out.

I walk into the sitting room to make some calls.

I Know vividly well that Jill's abduction is none other than Mike's handiwork.

My cellphone rang and I picked it.

" Would you mind telling me why you left when you just only resume today after many days of absents ? " I heard Donald said on the other end.

" I'm sorry, something came up. I will explain to you later " i replied urgently as i saw Han walking in.

" What about the board meeting? They need you there "

" You can change the schedule, i will make it up to them next time " i said and hang up immediately.

I look at Han , waiting for him to say something.

" I have informed him "
I swallow the lump in my throat.

" What was his response ? " I asked han gently.

" Nothing much, he said he believe in you. He wanted to call the cops at first but then he reason it will be futile. I guessed he knows as well how the Mikes is "

I sighed softly clenching my jaw. Not the actual response i was expecting.

" No one is above the law but not on this matter " i mutters.

I heard Maureen's footsteps descending the stairs slowly and i turn to look at her.

Her stomach is protruding already. Her skin white and very neat.

She look so fragile and very pretty.

" What is going on ? " She ask standing before me.

I look away from her gaze.

" It's Jill " i said to her.

She didn't respond , obviously waiting for me to continue.

" Is she dead? " She asked with her face white as sheet.

" She has been kidnapped by Larry her manager " Han said instead and Maureen exhaled sharply in response.

" Calm down Maureen, she will be safe, don't get anxious or scared " i told her gently worried that she would get sick.

She sat down on the couch slowly with her head hang down in sorrow.

" How will you save her? We all know it's the Mikes " she said in a low tight tone.

I nodded. Sure, it is the mikes.

I have to think, to clear my busy mind.

I walk up to my room to get changed first to my usual dress and to plan out on how to save Jill who surely is still recovering from her surgery.