CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: Not Mike but a woman

Jack's Pov

I alighted from my car wearing a very serious gloomy expression I headed for my office with han beside me.

I only nodded at my staffs that stop to greet me, staring at me for a long time probably because i have been away for a long while. I pushed open the door and step into my large office , sighing to keep my anger in check.

I heard the door open and i turned to see Donald.

" Jack you are here. The meeting will be in thirty minutes time " he said smiling. I study him for a moment and i realized he has no idea that i have learnt about his dirty deeds.

He noticed my straight face and he shifted uncomfortably.

" Is anything wrong? "

I shot him a glare before turning to han.

" Let's  have our breakfast before the meeting " i said to han smiling, ignoring Donald completely.

I walk out to the cafeteria and sat down with han without any breakfast. My staffs fidgeting on their seat when they saw me.

I smile at them before focusing on han who sat before me.

" I think Donald is unaware that you have been informed about the meeting " han said to me and i smirk.

" Sure, he is unaware. Han? " I called and he stare at me, offering me his attention " would you marry Maureen if i permit it? I'm sure you felt something for her in the past, if not you wouldn't have go to bed with a her just because she is been maltreat by her lover "

The expression on han's face told me i have caught him off guard. He tried to look away to hide the unsure look on his face.

" I don't think I'm fit to be called Maureen husband. You both were born with a golden spoon in your mouth while i am just an ordinary chauffeur. I can't... "

I rolled my eyes.

" I won't take no for an answer. I know you like her enough even if it wasn't love. Would you rather sit back and watch her get married to Zach Mike? " I asked and i saw him flinch.

" Zach Mike isn't an option " he said in a strong voice.

" Then you will leave me no choice. She needs a husband right now and you are the right man for her. "

" Jack " he began and i smile at him. " I do not deserve... "

" You do " i cut in " you deserve to be her husband. " I said and he smile brightly. I realized he isn't just a handsome man but a good one at that.

I glanced at my wrist watch and stood up.

" Let's go, the meeting is about to start " i said to him walking away.

I walk into my office to calm down my nervousness. It is about to start, i straighten my grey colour suit and walk into the board room. I saw han waiting at the entrance and he gave me a " you got this " smile.

I keep a straight expression and walk in. The shareholders of mayors creation were ten in numbers. Eight men and two women.

They stare at me when i entered, murmuring. I ignore those audible words completely before staring at the entrance waiting for donald to enter.

Seconds later he emerges with a file in his hand. I held up a hand as if to stop him.

The shareholders stare at me indifferently, wondering what is wrong with the unpredictable Jack Mayor.

" Mr Donald i don't think you have the right to be in here anymore " i said calmly , leaning against my chair.

He frown in confusion, Mr Wilson who wanted to Intervene was silence by my glare. I heard all the murmurs from the shareholders stopped immediately when they noticed me getting angry.

" How do you mean? " Donald asked, clearly taken aback by my behavior.

I roll my eyes impatiently as if i couldn't keep up with his presence.

" It means you are fired Mr Donald " i announced easily. Now the murmurs  arises again, i smile at it.

Donald face went white in shock that the file fell from his hand.

I didn't gave him another glance as i called onto the security guards to take him away.

" I won't take it slightly if i saw him step foot in mayors creation ever again " i warned the two security guards who bow slightly in response before excorting the shock , upset Donald out of the board room.

I turn my full attention to the shareholders smiling as if nothing has taken place a moment ago.

I settled on the CEO seat gracefully before picking up a pen from the large table.

" What is it again please ? The purpose for this meeting? " I asked acting interested.

The shareholders who were by now scared of my wrath quickly smile, changing the purpose of the meeting. They filled me in on about what i had missed. The meeting goes for another hours and by the time we were done my heart isn't as heavy as it was in the morning.

I finally walk out of the boardroom to my office, han who has been waiting for me all the time followed me immediately.

" Wait a second, would you mind taking Donald's place? " I asked urgently as the idea struck me.

Han gave me an unsure look.

" I don't think I'm fit for that. Isn't that post meant for your personal assistant? "

" Yes " i said staring at him. I shook my head after a while. " You are right, you aren't fit for the post "

The door of my office opened and Mr Wilson came in.

Yes! I have been waiting for him. He stop shortly when he saw Han.

" You shouldn't have fired that young man Jack. You know how much he has been useful to this company " he said after taking off the shock look on his face.

" I don't think i need anyone to tell me how to run my company especially not someone who has been meeting up with the Mikes " i said staring intensely at him.

He didn't seem surprised or shock at my words. He only sighed softly.

" I won't deny that I have been visiting Mike, he is my friend after all "

I know, Mr Wilson, Mike and my father has been a very good friend until four years ago when my father died mysteriously.

" I don't know who to trust anymore , i thought you stop getting in touch with him four years ago after he killed father " i said almost yelling.

" Mike isn't the one that killed Mayor " He responded clenching his hands.

I stop in horror, han also was shocked at the Revelation.

" How do you mean? You know my father died after Mike visited him " i said strongly, trying hard not to believe the man who has been like a father to me for over four years now.

He hesitate for a long moment before confessing.

" Mike isn't the one who killed Mayor, your father was murdered by a woman "

I stop breathing for what seems like eternity. My thoughts were in such a whirlwind that i scarcely heard  Mr Wilson continue speaking.

I exhaled sharply thinking very hard.

Who could be the woman and why does she have to kill father.