CHAPTER SIXTY TWO : Han's story

Jack's pov

I exchange glances between Mike and han. I'm very confused and surprised.

" I don't have a mother, i grew up in an orphanage home " han offered gently but i couldn't miss the rasp tone in his voice.

Mike smirk " Why? She had to. Surely she wouldn't want to see her son grew up to know that his mother is a murderer ... Right ? " Mike replied taunting han who gritted his teeth in annoyance.

" You are lying , why would she killed my father ? " I asked in panicked. I could feel the tensed atmosphere.

" Why should i tell you? Go on and find out but do not forget I'm coming for my grandchild soon " He replied before walking away.

Grandchild my foot! I swore within me. I see he didn't know about the fact that han is the father.

I look over at Han who was fuming with anger and i pulled him out of claw lake mansion.

" Hey, don't let his words got to you. He is lying " i said slowly trying to comfort him but the Truth is there. We both know it isn't a ruse.

" I need to go " he said walking away.

" Stop " i grabbed him by the arm breathing heavily " how about Maureen or your son ? Would you leave them just because of the empty words of ... "

He cut in " it isn't an empty words and we both know it " My breath caught when i heard his voice shaking " i need sometime alone " He said walking off.

I exhaled deeply, i pray he is fine. With the mikes operating lately and ... Oh no! He might just get shot.

I get into my car and drive, stopping by his side.

" Get in " i said in a hard voice.

He didn't answer he kept walking but i followed him , blocking his way with my car.

" I said get in "

He stood there for a while before opening the car door to sit beside me breathing hard.

" Let's get to the root of this together before we inform anyone. " I said to him gently. I'm sure he is worried about how Maureen will react when she heard about the new information.

She won't be able to forgive herself if she heard that her pregnancy is owned by the son of a woman who murdered our father. I won't doubt it if she goes to the hospital for an abortion.

" Why are you doing this? I'm sure you as well was eager to find the murderer. Now that you have a good lead,i do not understand why you are sticking to me. A son of a murder... "

I didn't allow him to finish before i cut him off, my eyes wide open in frustration.

" Get yourself together Han, you are becoming a father soon. Will you throw away your life because of someone who abandoned you right after you were born ? " I half yell at him in annoyance.

" She is still my mother " he managed to say.

I breath out shakily regretting that i have allowed him to come along. Had i know i would have visited Claw Lake mansion alone.

I Know the information will break him and I don't want that.

I need him, especially now that almost everyone is against me.

" Let's go home " i whispered driving off to my house. The drive is silent and seems very long. I alighted when we arrived and he does the same walking straight into the house without saying a word.

I step into the living room to see his retreating back , heading straight to his room.

My heart sank for him totally, through what i have learnt about him. He have had almost the hardest life from the beginning. Jill and Maureen who were at the living room waiting for us, obviously stare at me in question.

" What is wrong with Han? " Maureen asked fearfully. I turn to her and i saw that she was only holding onto self pride. All her desire is to followed the man who got her pregnant.

" I'm coming " i said walking straight to han's room.

I pushed the door open slowly, walking right in. I saw him sitting on the bed, his face buried in the hollow of his Palm.

I walk to the bed and lower myself besides him.

" Tell me about it " I said gently. He look up staring into blankness.

" About what? " He asked whispering.

" About you, how you meet the mikes and how you got my sister pregnant "

He sighed softly.

" I was raised in an orphanage home till i come of age. I left then to the army, serving the country for sone years before i finally retired from my duty at a young age. Trying to start a normal life with a wife and kids i ran Mr Mike that night " he stopped frowning deeply then he continues " i thought it was a mere Coincidence, he offered me a job. Told me I need to protect his son from a dangerous woman. That is Maureen, i took up the job because of the good offer and of course because he said it is to protect. As time passed on i realized i have been ruse, My partner then Miller would only laughed when Zach hit your sister but i couldn't control my anger when it occurs so i ... I acted as a friend for a while. She uh ... Visit me sometimes when Zach isn't around ,to talk ... Yeah... To talk about her handsome beloved brother. She will spend almost all her time speaking about you. I asked her then, where you are but she would only become uncomfortable and so i stopped asking her about you. We finally get attached to each other, passion in the air and feelings between us that we can't ignore. I took her that rainy day, raw. She is a virgin and i blame myself for snatching away her pride with no intention of marrying her. Mr Mike got to know about Maureen's visits  but not about the love between us so he fired me from the job. I adviced your sister before i left that she should go back, even though i didn't Know the full story, nor do i know she is pregnant then . I couldn't stand her bruises and i couldn't do anything about it. I told her to leave Zach Mike if she truly loves me. I then became a chauffeur, Mr Mike telling me he would love to have me close to him. Again, i accepted the offer in hope that i will be lucky enough to see Maureen again and when i did. That day at Zach's mansion. I couldn't believe it, She had changed a lot. I guess she didn't leave right away when I asked her to. I feigh ignorance because i notice she didn't recognize me. I don't know what to do, jack i love your sister, a lot. Not for your wealth or the popularity. Hell , i didn't know about that before now. "

I sat there in the large room of Han, listening to his story without interrupting. When he was through i realized two things.

One, he love my sister and two he does not want to be away from her.

" Will you marry her if i propose a wedding? " I asked, taking him off guard.

" Of course, why not? " He replied hastily.