CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: Another CEO for mayors creation

Jack's Pov

I walk out of my room with han to meet Janes who was waiting for me in the living room trembling.

She quickly came to me when she saw me.

" Jack it's my dad ... He was..." Her shaky voice dissolved into a sob suddenly. I stare at her for a while before pulling her to me. I know if Jill saw me cuddling Janes she will be jealous but i know she can't because she's still too weak to walk around.

" Calm down and tell me exactly what happened " i said to Janes pulling away. This time she has got herself under control.

" My dad went out yesterday to a meeting and he was expected to return before the sunset but he never came " she said then stop to breath.

I study her and i realized she is trying hard not to cry. I sighed heavily worrying about how busy my life has been this past weeks.

I waited for her to continue.

" He later returned with a gun shot wound " she finished and i step back in shock.

I turn to Han in surprise and he gave me one of his own shock expression. We both share a knowing look before i finally find my lost voice.

" Where is he?. Then why are you here? You are supposed to stay with him for goodness sake " i said venting my frustration on the small lady before me. Her face today devoid of make over tell me she isn't here to impress me at all rather, she has come for help. As if i didn't have enough on my plate.

" He is at home , I don't think he will survive. He wants to see you urgently thats why i came here " Janes manage to say before she resume weeping.

Oh lord! What is going on? Who would have wanted to kill Mr michealson?.

I turn to Han who tilted his head thinking as well.

I haven't hear from mike or his son since the past two days when i rescued Jill and i have thought they are laying low but with Mr michealson been shot i am starting to think otherwise.

I patted Janes on her back gently before walking out. She followed immediately and then i stop suddenly to turn to Han who gave me a " can i accompany you " look.

I nodded happily and he joined me in Janes's car and Janes drove off. Han who sat at the backseat stay muted throughout the drive.

I didn't say any words either as my mind was filled up already. I wonder why Mr michealson wanted to see me urgently.

My cellphone rang and i picked it up. It was Donald telling me my attention is needed early the next day. I assure him i will surely come and i hang up.

I haven't been to mayors creation eversince Jill was kidnapped but i pay attention to my company's stock and to my relief it is rising up. That means Donald is doing a great job.

The shareholders would have gotten use to my absent and probably love Donald more.

I ignore the thoughts and alighted because we have arrived at Mr Michealson's house.

Janes lead the way to his room and i followed, just as i have expected the house didn't change a bit if not more beautiful. I have been there couples of time when i was a full time swimmer back then.

I saw Han stood in the hallway telling me to go ahead and I nodded in response.

I finally step into Mr michealson large room. A doctor and two nurses were there treating him. They excuse themselves per Mr michealson request and i walk gently to the bed side to attend to him.

" Jack ... " He called softly reaching out to me. I offered him one of my hand and he held it gently. Again with that attitude of his, father figure.

" Is it necessary for you to speak right now? You're still recovering " i said to him calmly. I failed to understand why he wanted to see me when he is this sick.

" Jack this days i have been receiving messages. Someone has been threatening me but i shrugged and didn't pay attention to it until last night when i get shot " My heart stop breathing for a while when i heard him.

A message threats? Who would it be? As far as i know Mr michealson of pooling lodge he never get himself tangled in any conflict whatsoever.

He is a very straight person whom i have respected eversince I Know him.

" Why would anyone threaten you? It's absurd " I said to him silently.

" I really do not know but here is one thing. Someone wants me dead and I'm scared for my only daughter that is why i called upon you "

" Your daughter? " I asked dumbfounded.

" Yes, you are the only one i can trust to keep her safe for now jack. Will you do this old man a favour and keep his daughter safe till he regain his health ? " Mr michealson said hoarsely and i hang my head , clueless.

Ah... Such an ill-fated destiny. I lamented.

Mr michealson grabbed my hand tightly and i raised up my head to look at him.

" How about i get you some bodyguards for her? You know how the Mikes still disturb me from Time to time. It will do no good to your daughter if she get herself mixed up in the family conflict " i said to him Hoping that would change his mind but it didn't.

When i saw his white face, i got worried and at the end i accepted for her to come and stay in my house for a while.

Mr michealson thank me profusely and i smile happily at his face, wishing him good health.

I joined han at the hall and sighed.

" What's wrong? " He asked when he noticed my drawn face.

" It's Janes, she will be living in my house for the time being " i said to han who scoff slightly.

" What about Maureen or Jilly? " He asked and i sighed deeply.

I am very clueless on what to do then my cellphone rang out. I picked it slowly preparing for Mr Wilson to scold me for not working hard.

But what i heard from him makes me very shock. After i spoke to him for some minutes he hang up.

Han gave me a concern look and i leaned against the wall tiredly my jaw set.

" That's Mr wilson, he said there will be a meeting tomorrow and it's about crowning Donald as the CEO of mayors creation "