CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN: Hard time

Jack's Pov

I stare blankly ahead as i sat in my room deep in thought.

The thought of Jill been held somewhere makes me worried greatly. She must be very scared.

I get on my feet and walk out to the living room, i noticed everywhere was very tidy just as laura always kept it.

Maureen must have been doing the house chores i reason.

Ever since Maureen get back i have been very busy. I walk to the window accross my room where Jill had stood the other day staring down at the pool i built for myself.

I heard footsteps behind me and i turn to see Han walking towards me.

" Lorie and Diana are here to see you " he said to me.

I cocked up an eyebrow in surprise.

" Why are they here? " I asked han but he shook his head.

" I have no idea "

I walk pass him to the living room where the two women sat down on the couch.

They stood up immediately they saw me.

" Hello jack mayor, I'm Diana. Jilly's stylist and this is Lorie her fashionista "

I offer them a small smile nodding.
" I knew you both already, you don't need to introduce yourself. Why are you here ? " I asked them.

They smile, Diana, the woman who has spoken reach into her bag and gave me a sealed envelope.

I cocked up an eyebrow in question.

" Oh yes, Mr Mike visited us just about an hour ago. He gave us this , instructing us to deliver it to you personally " she said innocently.

I turn to see Han troubled Expression.

What's going on? I thought to myself.

I however receive the sealed envelope, i calm my tremble self with a sigh before opening the white paper.

It's a letter. Han must have noticed my sudden hard face because he Came beside me and collected the slip of paper slowly.

" This does not make any sense at all " i heard han says.

I roll my eyes smiling. " So cheap "

I laugh bitterly, the two women looking at me in a strange way.

" What will you do about it ? I think they abducted jilly so you could sign the documents " han explained.

" Jilly? " Lorie asked when she heard han words. Her face went white in great shock. Diana was no better at all.

" How do you mean she is abducted? By who ? " Diana asked exchanging glances between han and i.

" The Mikes but do not worry at all. She will be safe, just go ahead " i assure them.

Lorie and Diana wish to ask some questions but they stood up however and leave. I watch them drove away very confused and surprised.

" No matter what happened you should never signed off mayors creation to them. This is absurd " Han said flinging away the letter in the air. Maureen who saw that the guests has left and was descending the stairs caught the piece of paper in the air.

The expression on her face gradually changes from concerned to annoyance.

" You can't sign off mayors creation " she blurted out. I face her completely not too surprise at her thought but confused.

Normally it will be hard for her and her baby if i go penniless at this time.

" Why would you say so ? " I asked her gently. The look on her face makes me get concerned.

I saw the determination laced with remorse on her face.

" You won't be able to beat the mikes if you gave them your hardwork of four years. What do you think the share holders will say if they find out they are under claw foot club? You can't just... "

" Stop Maureen " i order her raising my voice slightly. " Take some rest, you look sick and over worried right now. It's my company that is in question and the woman i love. I need some time to think about this " i walk away racing to my room. Things is surely not going well for me.

I know better than anyone else to call this a joke. I buried my face in the hollow of my palm thinking hard.

***

Jillian's Pov

I watch in horror as Zach sneer at the woman for the last time before walking out of the small room.

I breathe out shakily in great fear and relief. If this woman right here haven't enter at that moment I'm very sure Zach would have had his way with me.

The woman stare at me for a while.

" You are jillian Don ? " She asked calmly and i nodded.

Why is she asking? Who is she anyway? I asked myself.

I saw her sighed softly walking out of the room. She emerges some minutes later with a new top. She cut the rope around my hands and legs free with a knife she brought along.

" Here, get dress. " She extended the clothe to me and i received it slowly.
" get some rest, i will bring you your dinner tray later on. "

I watch her leaving with confused mind. Why is she nice? Dinner tray?

It's hard to tell if it's daytime or not. The windows are shut.

I pull off the shred cloth and change into the new one. I stare at my wrist which by now has turned purple due to the tightness of the rope. I rub it gently wishing to be free.

I sat on the bed for a long time thinking very hard. If Jack gave up his company because of me i will never forgive myself. I pray fervently that, that won't be the case.

The door open slowly and the woman came in with a tray as she had promised.

She set it down before me shrugging. She ate a morsel saying.

" Here, it's not poisoned so help yourself "

" Wait! " I stop her urgently from going out " how is jack? What is going on ? " 
I saw her smirk before replying.

" He is having the hardest time of his life. I heard he hasn't reply to the letter Mr Mike sent him "

I gulped, my mouth twitched to the side. " He must have reported to the cops. Everyone of you will be found guilty of kidnapping "

The woman laugh bitterly. I stare at her differently at the sound of her laughter.

" Jack mayor knows better than that. He knows you both are celebrity. A famous swimmer and a famous super model. Do you think he will jeopardize you both image by going to the authority and ignoring the media? "

" Why not? There is no tangible reason why he won't report you since he isn't the villian. " I responded with a tight lips. I felt so miserable for putting jack in a tight corner. I should never have met him.

" You are the true villian Miss Jillian Don. You should have known better than becoming Jack mayor's weakness " she said before walking out slamming the door behind her.

My mouth went dry at her words.

I'm Jack mayor's weakness!