CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Jack's Rejection

Jillian's Pov

I noticed Jack's muscle tensed as he stepped away from me.

I frown my face in confusion and i reach out to him.

" Why are you stepping away from me ? " I asked him in shock and he heave a sigh in relieve.

" I can't take that away from you " He said to me, he went to the bed and sat down.

" Come here " He said to me and i obey him.

I went towards him and sat on the bed beside him.

He turn to me and i noticed he is very serious.

" How do you feel ? " He asked and i move my lips to speak, i discovered he is watching all my move.

" I feel good ... But " i stopped and i noticed he is eager to hear me " i uh ... Felt bad when you pull away. I felt sad when you reject my help this afternoon and I love and enjoy every bit of the moment i stayed in your arms "

He stare at me blankly as though in thought.

" Let's stop here, as much as i am trying hard not to loose control. You're a guest in my house and i had to treat you right.i won't take advantage of anything " He said.

I look at him in regret and i reach out to him.

" No, i want it. You're not taking advantage of anything since I'm offering myself to you " i told him pleading with my eyes.

I wonder what has come over me. All this years i have cealed up my heart and emotion when i learn about how my mum left my dad a long time ago.

I have waited so long, this long for someone who is deserving to give myself to and i have imagine the moment to be very romantic.

I couldn't have believe i would be the one begging someone to take away my pride, not that i regret it because what i felt for this man right here is unexplainable.

I urge myself to be calm that this couldn't be love but infatuation.
There's no way you could fall in love just in a day my brain told me but my heart says otherwise.

I stare at jack at that moment and all i want is to be in his arms.

He reached out a hand to clamp it around the back of my neck.

" I shouldn't be doing this " he said huskily as he pull me to himself.

" I think you should " i said to his mouth before he pressed his lips against the pulse point at my throat and i felt unxpected passion aroused inside me.

" You're so soft and warm " he said as he stare into my eyes.

He lean back and i study his eyes then i get the message.
He won't go beyond this.

" Am i not pretty ? " I asked him and his face shows surprised.

" You are. Why would you ask an obvious question ? "

" Because you just keep rejecting me " i told him and he smile.

" If you know how much i am holding back you will surely praise me and i do not want us to regret anything later on " he explained and i blink back tears.

This is the third time i felt rejected in a day.

I stood up and walk out to the guest room.

I sat on the bed and let the tears flow freely.

I hated myself this way.

I lay down on the bed and wait for morning.
My deed is done here, i think it is best if i leave and never return to Jack Mayor.

I would surely stay off the conflict between the two families and focus on my modelling.

It is only fair that way, crying over someone i met today is so absurd.
I felt something for him surely but i doubt it if it should be call love.

I closed my eyes but i couldn't sleep as i wait for morning.

***
Jack's Pov

I watched her leave and i sat still deciding on wether to follow her or not.

I sat there for a while staring into space thinking.

She is nothing to you Jack the voice in my head said and i shut my eyes to keep the voice out.

I buried my face in my hand as i keep thinking about her pleading face.

Why do i feel bad for rejecting her? I asked myself.

She is Claw foot club's super model for God sake i reminded myself wishing my heart would agree with my brain but i failed.

The feeling of her body keep playing in my head and i felt we had a connection.
I have enough on my hand already and I won't want to give Jill any hope just because i felt something i couldn't name for her.

If the Mikes knows another weakness of mine they will surely use it against me.

It will only do us both more than good if we keep off each other i reason.

***
Jack's Pov

The sun shine brightly and i rose from bed.

I check the clock and it says 9:26am .
I groan in annoyance at myself for waking up late.

I quickly had five minutes shower and get dressed as usual and step out.

I headed towards Maureen's room but she wasn't there.
My heart dropped into my stomach as i quickly descend the stair to the kitchen.

I open up the kitchen door and goes in.
I heave a sigh of relief as i saw everyone having conversation and was laughing.

They all turn to me in surprise and i stare at my sister who couldn't afford to look at my eyes.

" Jack i... " She began to explain but i cut her off with a hug.

I smile at her face.

" How are you feeling? Are you hurt ? " I asked her softly and she stare at me in surprise.

" I am feeling better today, our guests are very nice " she said smiling back in response.

" Of course, they are. " I said and smile at her.

I look over to Jill and i saw her turn away pretending to be busy.

" Morning everyone " i said.

Han look at me and smile.
" When are you going Jill ? " I asked her and she turn to me.

" We won't stay long " she replied and return to her previous task.

" Let's have a conversation please " I told her and she walk pass me, she headed for the living room and i followed her.

She turn to me and clasp her hand on her chest making her breast to reveal slightly.

" I am sorry about yesterday Jill " i said, i don't even know why i am apologyzing.

" It's okay, let's forget about it. I will leave soon and i have make it clear to myself not to show up again except if your sister needs me " She said calmly .
I watch her face and i realized she has made up her mind to keep me at arm length.

I sighed softly as i realized this.
I think it is for the best.