CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: one step ahead

Jack's Pov

I alighted from my car as i arrived at Jillian's home.

I walk to the door knocking. It is raining and the atmosphere is cold.
The door open and a pretty woman open it, she smile up at me in surprise and i replied with a smile of my own.

" Please come in " she said opening the door wider.
I step inside and i walk to the living room.

Jill was sitting down tiredly with a bruise on her lips.
She turn to stare at me in great shock.

" Jack " she said standing up immediately.
I look around, i saw another woman and a man staring at me.

" Oh my God! He's jack mayor" i heard the other woman  says.
I smile at her before turning to Jill who stood transfixed.

I walk to stand before her, she drop her head trying hard to keep her bruise lips away from me.

I held out a hand to her cheek tenderly.

" Look at me " i order and she obey slowly.
I could noticed her trembling body.

" Jack I'm fine , it's just... " She began to say but i interupted her.

" Just what? " I asked quietly and i saw her swallow. " What happened ? " I asked her but she look away clearly afraid for what i will do.

" Zach mike came here yelling at her " i heard the man says.

" Larry stop " Jill told him urgently.

I released Jill and i turn to the man.
" Continue please " i said trying very hard to keep my anger in check.

" He told Jilly to stay away from you but she refused " one of the woman says.

" Jill told him about how he maltreat Maureen mayor and how
She caught him strangling Maureen. I think this ... " I interrupted the other woman who was speaking.

I am confused.
" Who strangle who? Who maltreat who? " I asked no one in particular but Jill answered.

" The day i met Maureen was at Zach resident. I saw him strangling Maureen, luckily my visit stopped him from doing the unthinkable. I heard from han that he has been maltreating Maureen since she left "

I stop breathing for some minutes when i heard Jill's words.
Cold sweat broke out of me and my anger reach it's limit.

" What? " I asked jill to be sure i heard right.

" Jack, I'm sorry. I know you will loose your temper if you knew " i heard her says with shaky voice.

I turn to her.

" Really? " I asked her in a low voice.
She broke into tears that minutes unable to reply and somehow my anger dissolve at that moment.

" I'm sorry, i know you will want to fight back if you hear this and I'm not ready to see you in a battle with the mikes " she said sobbing.

I sighed softly before bringing her close to me.
I patted her back gently gritting my teeth.
Zach mike should be ready for the consequences of maltreating my sister and also abusing my lover.

Jill pulled back to stare at me.

" What will you do jack? I know you will want to give him his taste of his own medicine "
I stare at her and i smile.

Is she that worried about how i will deal with Zach Mike?

" Just watch. Is han still unconscious ?  " i asked and she nodded.

" No , I'm not " i heard han's voice from the corner.
He walk into the living room.

" Han , oh my God ! Are you okay " Jill asked as she quickly goes to meet him.

Larry sat han down and the two woman look greatly worried about him.

I envy them, they are like one small family.

Han sat down staring at me, i stare at him as well with unread Expression.

" Mr ja... " He began to say.
" Jack please" i said to him. " Thank goodness you're awake, i have many questions to ask you. "

He stare at me longer before sighing.

" I will answer any of your questions but please where's Maureen ? " He asked instead and i smile.

" She is at home "

" Can i meet her ? I have an important information to tell her " he said urgently.

Jill look back at me and i frown.

" What information is that ? " I asked han but he shook his head.

" I need to speak with Maureen "

" You will but not in here, i won't endanger my sister's safety anymore "

" Jack " Han called.

" Yes? "

" The Mikes won't stop at nothing to destroy you. When i was abducted by Mr Mike he said he will stop at nothing until he destroy you and Maureen. He knows about her pregnancy "

I gulped when i heard han's words. I know vividly what i am into now and i know i have to be very strong.

The mikes will stop at nothing to destroy me.
That information makes me more mad.

I will urge them to try.

My cellphone rang and i saw Maureen's calling.

I answered the call immediately.

" Is this Jack mayor ? " I heard a voice says and my heart dropped into my stomach.

" Who are you ? " I asked the caller , cold sweat broke out from my forehead and i gripped my cellphone tightly.

" I'm sorry if i disturb your lovely day. Your sister is here as we speak. I was order to kill her immediately but then i reason that she's Jack mayor's sister.
You probably can pay me double of what my hirer paid ... Right ? " The voice asked and i gulped.

I will my voice to be steady.
" Name your price " i said
I look around to see everyone looking at me wondering what's going on.

I heard the man cough.

" My hirer paid me ten percent of the profit they make from  their glorious company. I'm sure you knew about the company i am talking about "

I shut my eyes.
The mikes are one step ahead me. I will give it to them, they got me this time.

" I will give you twenty five percent of  mayors creation profit. "

I heard the man on the other end gasp .

" Good, i will send you the address. You should come with the money and do not try to act smart "

" Fair enough " i said before hanging up.

I breath out shakily and sat down. Jill quickly come to my side as i buried my face in my palm thinking.

" What is the matter Jack ? " She asked.

" Maureen has been kidnapped " i said and everyone exhaled sharply.

" I have to go now if i do not want to loose my only sister and her unborn child. " I said standing up to leave.

" Jack " Han called me, i turn to look at him.

" I will come with you, do you have a plan ? " He asked and i tilted my head trying to think straight.

" I think i do "