CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: Pasts and surprise

Jack's Pov

I flinched slightly in shock when i heard Mr Michealson's favor.

I slowly glance at Janes who stare at me with an unread Expression.

I cough slightly before speaking.

" I don't understand, why should i marry her? " I asked Mr michealson who smile to me.

" She tried to commit suicide "

" What! Suicide? Why? " I asked in horror.

I stare hard at Janes and i doubt if she can do such a very mean task.
I have known her for four years when i came to pooling lodge. Then she has been the daughter of my boss while i was nothing less than just a newbie in the team.

She has been very nice to me , i have felt her feelings then.

We dated for about four months before i call it a quit when i caught her with my junior making out.

She had apologize to death as at that time but me being Jack Mayor never forget even though i forgave her.

I have told her to drop any idea of us getting back together for our friendship to be meaningful.

She had then travelled far away for a business trip.

I heard she came back a year ago but then i have started mayors creation and so i haven't seen her until now.

I stare at her and the memory of her kissing Mitch filled my mind.

I look away to think straight.

" Jack " Mr michealson called me gently and i face him. " Please listen to her , i will give you two some privacy " he said standing up.

" I will be on my way now. I don't want to hear any of this sir " i said getting on my feet as well.

I can't get involved with anyone except Jill.

I love her.

I made to go out but Mr michealson stop me.

" I heard mayors creation is at the edge of bankruptcy "

I froze in shock. How did he know?

I turn to him.

" How do you know? "

" Mike. He meet me up last week telling me to cut the ties between you and I. He said your company is not doing well this time and mayor's name will end soon "

I smile " you think i will allow that? "

" No , you are jack mayor. I know you won't that is why I'm asking you to marry my daughter. I will support mayors creation from now on. "

I stare at him surprised.

Should i say he is selfish or he was just concerned about his daughter ?

I shut my eyes thinking.
I feel like strangling that Mike right now.

I know Mr Wilson will be very disappointed if he heard mayors creation is going down but still i can't sacrifice my happiness to revive the company.

Things is not too bad for me to go on marrying someone who cheated on me.

" I will pretend i did not have this conversation with you sir. Please excuse me " i said and walk out.

I met Mel at the door , he walk with me towards the exit.

" I'm sure you heard the conversation " i said tiredly when i saw him staring at me.

" Jack won't you marry Janes? I thought you love her "