CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: Marriage proposal

Jillian's Pov

I stare at Jack's retreating back and i gulped.

Why am i so sad whenever he reject me?
I breath out shakily regretting my decision of going to Zach Mike.

I shouldn't have disobey Jack, i know.
His rejection brings me to tears but i stiffled the sob.

I should have know better than going against this man words.
I should be prepared in the near future for his temper if i want to continue with him in this relationship.

I walk out of his room , I could hear han's voice coming from the living room so i descend the stairs to meet him.

Maureen was seated across Jack , watching him uneasily even though the latter did not pay attention to her.
He sat down facing han who sat beside him.

Han stop speaking when he saw me walking towards them.

" You want to be on your way already? " Han asked me. I could feel Jack eyes on me but i didn't look at him when i nodded.

" I have to, I'm glad Maureen is safe " i said before turning to Maureen.

Her bruises she got from Zach Mike is fading gradually and I'm excited to admit that she's coming back to her formal self except for her pregnancy.
Her stomach is protuding already.

I walk to her , bending down to smile at her face.

" I think you should get some rest, jack won't be mad for too long. You should keep quiet about where you go today if it is related to the mikes for later when he is calm " i said to Maureen in a whisper.

I know vividly well that Jack is watching my every move.

" You are right, there is something i wish to share with you also and it's important " she replied as well whispering.
I got the message that she want to keep it a secret from jack for now.

I tilted my head thinking.

" How about the next time i visit " i said to him but she shook her head in negative.

" Now, please " She begged.

I stare at her face and i nodded.
I love this lady before me that whenever she said please, regardless of how important my schedule might be i would be so willing to cancel it for her.

" Let's go to your room then " i said to her and she stood up leading the way.

I followed her to her room and she sat down.
I did the same waiting for her to speak.

" Jilly " She called and i stare at her in response waiting.
" I met Zach Mike today " she said and i nodded even though i am surprised to hear that from her.
Why in the world would she met with Zach Mike again.

She continues " He apologize to me about how bad he has behave in the past and he... " She stopped.

" He what? " I asked impatiently.

" He proposed to me a marriage " she said and my mouth flop open.

" What! " I exclaimed with great shock. " You know better than anyone else to get involved with the Mikes. Aside that Jack will be dead before he agreed to the marriage " i said undoubtedly.

I know Jack Mayor, the professional swimmer and a business tycoon with hot temper will never agree to marry off his only sister to Zach Mike.

" I know he won't agree that is why i explained this to you. I have known jack since my childhood, even though my father's Death changed him somehow. I have seen him get involved with couple of women in the past but none has the effect you have on my brother , he love you . I can confidently says he won't leave you for anything "

I stare into space as Maureen's words came into my ear.
I know Jack love me, he has showed a great concern when i got hit by Zach Mike. He has been tender to me on bed but now i am still yet to understand Maureen mayor.

" I know he felt something for me otherwise he would not have propose a relationship with me " i said to Maureen and she nodded.

She held my hands and peered into my eyes.
I gulped when i saw the determination and there was where i know she is serious about whatever she wants to say.

" Persuade jack for me, i want to marry Zach Mike " she said dropping the bomb.

I exhaled sharply when i heard her , i look away from her thinking.

" Why would you want to marry Zach Mike Maureen ? You know there is nothing good in him at all. If not for your sake, think about the baby " i said in a soothing voice , trying hard to make her drop the crazy idea of getting involved with the man who has been abusing her for four years.

And then i wonder why Maureen want to marry Zach Mike. The determination in her eyes tell me something important.

If anything was the reason for her willingness to marry Zach Mike it is surely not love.

I know that feelings Because i have experienced it in the past.
Getting involved with someone without love.

" You are the only one Jack will listen to. He love you, that is very sure. " She said to me urgently and i smile sadly.

" I do not think Jack will listen, we all know Jack Mayor listen to no one. You can see he is upset with me as well for disobeying him. " I told Maureen.

I strongly doubt it if i can persuade Jack on this matter.
I shook my head.

He will never accept, it is like sending your only family to a slaughtered house.

" He will, it will be hard at first but I'm very sure he will finally agreed to it. It will do no good for his career anyway if the story got to the media that Maureen mayor, Jack Mayor's sister got a child out of wedlock. You know he is a public figure "

" He won't Maureen " i return strongly as i disagree " Jack cares more about you than himself. Don't you know? "

"Well how about i told him i love Zach Mike ? " She suggested

" No, he will know that's not true. Your body language speak out your disgust for Zach Mike. Maureen please drop the idea of going off to Zach Mike please " it is my turn to beg her, she look away gritting her teeth.

Her blond hair falling to her shoulder.

" Do you think the last four years i went unto Zach Mike was because of love ? " She asked me.

I face her completely surprise.

" If not for love then why ? " I asked her confused and surprised.

She scoff at me.

" You're clueless aren't you? " She stood up walking towards the window. " When my father died, the Mikes stole my father's property from us. "

" I heard that in the news " i replied interestedly.

" I know there is something the Mikes has on my father to make him signed off his properties to them "

I shudder " you mean your father signed off his properties to the mikes willingly? "

" I doubt it, when he died i know i have to do something about it "

" But you should have discussed it out with your brother "

" He won't agree "

I creases my face in confusion.

" But you ended up getting pregnant for Zach " i said sadly.
Clearly she did not get the job done.

" The baby is not Zach's " She said and i exhaled sharply.

" What? " I half yell " if it wasn't Zach's baby then whose baby is it ? "

She walk to the bed and sat beside me.

" It is the stalker's baby " She said.

I blink to clear my head.

" You mean han ? " I said trying hard to keep myself calm.

" Yes " i heard her say to my Wildest surprise.