CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: I lamented

Jillian's Pov

I began to tremble , the cellphone in my hands fell and my eyes became blurry. Han quickly pick it up and dialed Joan's number. I pace about, Maureen doing no better at all as her face got white in shock and horror.

I have dressed jack in one of his pajamas while Maureen and han has excuse us.

I could hear han speaking to Joan on my cellphone. He hang up and i stop to look at him.

" He will be here shortly " I heard han says calmly. I fret and  couldn't help but feel agitated. Many thoughts on my mind that i couldn't think straight.

I stop pacing to stare at Jack who seem to be in a deep slumber but no. He wasn't sleeping, he's unconscious.

I'm sure there are different between the two. I felt a soothing hand behind me and i turn to meet Han face.

" Calm down , he will live. He is Jack Mayor... Remember? " He said trying to ease the tension that is already growing inside me.

I nodded in response, I'm ready to burst into tears at any slight of provocation. Finally the door open and Joan come in.

He quickly Ran to the bedside before signalling us to go out.

Han step out and I'm about to do the Same when i noticed Maureen who still stood. I walk to her trying to encourage her to come out but she stood still.

" I'm not going anywhere, i want to keep an eye on him " she said with her chin up.

" Come on, don't be like this. He will be fine " i told her gently and she turn to me with tears sliding down her cheek.

I look away sniffing to stifled a sob. I finally succeeded in exiting the room with Maureen. We stood in front of Jack's room waiting patiently for Joan to come out.

The guest room door open and Janes came out wearing a short and transparent blouse that revealed too much. I roll my eyes tiredly as she walk towards us.

" I need to see jack " shey said trying to walk into the room. I pull her away roughly glaring at her.

" He is sleeping , you shouldn't disturb him " i replied her with a tone of finality.

She turn to Maureen who gave her a narrow glare then at Han whose face was expressionless. She finally gave up and walk into her room grunting in annoyance.

I'm sure Jack was only sick because of the stress and hard times he has been passing through lately.

Joan finally call for us and we walk in.

We waited staring at him to give us an answer.

" To my relief and great happiness Jack Mayor sickness is not too serious. He has not been taking good care of his health lately so it is only normal for him to be like this but i will prescribe for him some drugs. So do not worry. He will be fine " he said smiling.

I sat at the edge of the bed in great relief, no word could express the way I felt when i heard Joan's words. I turned to Maureen who just stood crying silently in joy while for the first time i saw han smile.

He sure must be Happy about the news. Joan gave us some instructions and strictly warn us to make Jack rest. Then finally he stare at me in awe.

" You are very strong. To think you will be walking around by now from your a bullet injury makes me wonder "

I smile at him brightly.

" I'm not throughly healed though , I still feel some pain on the spot " I said to him.