CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: Gunshots and rescue

Jack's Pov

I clenched my jaw tightly as i watch Zach walked out of the ruin house with Miller.

I sat quietly in the car with Han staring as Zach entered his car and drove away. My cellphone rang out at that moment and i picked it up.

" Yeah? " I answered calmly. It was Zach, i have been to him earlier and had told him about Mike plans to kill Jill if i didn't sign any documents.

" The boys are not much. They are four in numbers but right now i saw a dangerous man in there. I think he just arrived, he must be the one dad sent to kill Jilly. "

I gripped my cellphone tightly when i heard this. Zach's Father, Mike has seems to have left out his son in this operation. I'm sure he knew about Zach's love for jill.
He probably don't approve it, Zach voice came coming to me and i snap back from my thoughts to listen to his plea.

" Please save Jilly, i do not want her dead. Dad didn't tell me anything about killing her today. " He pleaded and i scoff.

" It's okay, i got her " i said and hung up. Minutes later i could see his car drive passes mine hastily. I turn to han who has been listening to our conversation with rapt attention.

" You heard that, four men and a skilled assassin. Will you guys be able to take him on? I will get going back home to distract them by pretending on signing the documents. Call me immediately if anything is up and han " i called him , furrowing my eyebrow. I'm scared, i can't help it. If anything goes wrong and Jill was killed tonight i won't be able to forgive myself.

" It's okay, you expression says everything. No mistake, i will save her or die trying " Han replied patting my shoulder.

Okay, i had to admitte that ,right then and there my heart leap for joy that at least i got someone like Han on my side. Interupting my thoughts was the sound of Logan's vehicle. I turn slightly to stare at him parked behind mine.

Han shot me one last glance before getting out of the car and walking into Logan's. I breathe out shakily in panicked and drove off.

After a very long drive i pull into my house and alighted.

I stare at my cell phone for a while, no calls, no messages. No news is good news they say.i stopped at the mail box just at the side of where my car was parked and i retrieved a file.
Yes, the documents. I look around before  I walked into the house, calling out on My sister. Who knows if she wasn't abducted yet because that's how mike operate now to make my life a hell to live in.

Maureen appear from her room at the upper floor in delight to see me. She quickly descend the stairs smiling wearily.

I watch her walk up to me slowly. She noticed the file with me and her smile was dissolved quickly.

" What was that? " She asked slowly indicating the documents i was holding.

" It's the ..." My cellphone Rang cutting me off. I saw the caller. Han! I picked it almost immediately.
I tossed away what i was holding and bolted out. My hands trembling.  I entered my car once again and drove off speedily.

***
Jillian's Pov

As i sat down dejectedly in the dimly lighted room many thoughts keep playing in my head. What if i am killed tonight. Will Everything goes back to normal for the Mikes and mayors?

I know Jack Mayor won't be the same again and I'm pretty sure he will go berserk if anything happens to me. I stop thinking when i heard some bustle from the outside.

I bent my head weakly to listen.
A fight! Oh my goodness! A gunshot.

I scramble back to bed in horror shivering in great fear. I raised up my head slightly when i heard sounds of the door getting unlocked. Hard knot formed itself in my stomach when the evil looking man from earlier stepped into the room with a gun in his hand

I gulped down nervously wishing anyone would save me but i was wrong. He cocked up the gun and a shot rang out.

Huh! Ouch !
I held the side of my stomach in great agony, the one i never felt before as the man shot me. Blood ooze out from the spot rapidly as i held on. Everything became blurry at once and my mouth went dry. I was about to pass out when i felt a cold, soft ,smack on my cheek.

I managed to open my eyes, it is Han.
Relieve overcame my aching body and i smile wanly to him. I could see the man who shot me lying on the ground groaning in pain.

" Get out of here and keep running, do not accept any help from anyone except jack. He is on his way " i heard han says to me urgently. My eyelids were threatening to drop but the urgency in han's voice makes me get on my feet and start running.

I came out of my room to see a ruined,old environment. I saw some men fighting each other but i keep running. It's raining and the atmosphere is very cold. Suddenly i heard some guys behind me, chasing me.

Oh no! Jack where are you?
I ran out , surprise at myself as i wonder the energy is coming from.
I have a gunshot wound and I'm gasping for air, trying hard to keep running. I was about to give up , because I couldn't run no more. The last energy left in me has evaporated.

Then suddenly ,like a godsend. A car stopped beside me.

" Hey jill, let me help you " My blurry vision took in of a man silhouette in the rainy night who cried out to me urgently with shaky voice.

I still held the side of my stomach as the rain pour heavily on me. I am soaked throughly.

" Oh no! " I exclaimed in great agony. " Who are you ? " I asked wanting to be sure he isn't one of those Han warned me about.

" I'm Jack mayor " i heard him says before passing out on him.