CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: A request to marry Miss J

Jack's Pov.

I stopped when i heard Han running towards me.

" Jack, do not listen to Jill's father. He is just scared and angry at the moment " he said staring at me.

" No , it's okay. I will do as he says. He is right "

" Do you think that is what jilly wants? "

" If i can keep her safe by staying away i will do it , excuse me i have to go now "

" Maureen, how is she ? " He asked me hesitantly.

I face him " she was attacked and unconscious right now "

" What? " He asked in surprise " i need to see her " he said walking towards the exit but I grab his arm.

" Stay with Jill here, Maureen is safe. My friend is with her " i told him gently to make him stop worrying.

I wonder if he love Maureen , well anyway he has the right to be worried because his baby is on it's way.

" You are right, i will call you when anything is up "

" Good, i will send Logan here to watch over Jill so you can check on Maureen. I know you really want to see her "

He nodded fastly, smiling as if i had read his thoughts.

" Thanks Jack, i will wait till Logan is here then "

I nodded and walk into my car, my cellphone rang out when i was about to drive away.

I quickly pick it up. My manager is calling.

" You said you will show up today Jack "

" I got delayed but I'm on my way right now "

" Okay, I'm at pooling lodge. Mr michealson wish to see you "

I sighed deeply.

" You should not have informed him about anything. You know he love nagging "

" I did not. Just show up, he said he wanted to speak with you on something important "

I hang up thinking.

Why would the CEO of pooling lodge wants to see me?

He has every right to see you jack, do not forget he owned your team . My inner voice told me and i sighed deeply.

I haven't received any call from Donald that means everything is okay.

I drove off to pooling lodge, the scene is a beauty to behold.

I smile inwardly, this is my world.

Oh i made a mistake, i told myself smiling.
I should have created a company and then recruit swimmers to go on competition like Mr michealson does , instead i have created mayors creation where clothes, bags and shoes where sold.

I walk into the large building and down the hall. I could hear the men gasping and the women smiling seductively.

I plastered a smile on my face and keep walking to Mel's office but i saw him running towards me.

" Oh my goodness! You are truly here " he said happily and i scoff.

I look around , glancing at the new swimmers.

" I told you i will show up "

" Come here, Mr michealson is waiting. "

He grab me by the arm to keep me from walking away.
" What does he want to talk about? I have told him i will renew my contract " i said to mel withdrawing my arm from his grip.

" Jack, i know you are wealthy and I'm sure you can walk away from pooling lodge anytime you feel like but please do not. No swimmers here is as better than you. "

Wealthy? I smile.
I see no one knows my company is slowing coming to an end thanks to Donald who gave my enemy the secret of my success.

" Do not praise me too much. It's been a while i enter the pool "

" Sure, you will be trained for three days straight. You know the competition is next week "

He dropped the bombshell and i shriek in great shock.
Next week!!!

" No way! You did not mention any competition next week " i told him glaring at him.

There is no way i could be perfect before then.

" I wanted to but you are not picking my calls. You are Jack Mayor. I'm sure you will emerges as the winner "

I sighed " what if I don't win? Pooling lodge has many awards and medals thanks to me "

" You won't dare, you must win this competition. That is the main reason Mr michealson wants you in it. He knows no one do better than you in the pool "

I roll my eyes, this is far to much.

Mel lead me to Mr Michealson's office and stood aside , signalling me to go in.

I puff slowly getting myself calm before opening the door.

I might be a wealthy young man but Mr michealson is still my boss.

I step into the warm office and i saw him sitting behind a desk.

I look around to see an elegant lady standing over the window staring outside.

I'm sure she will be none other than Janes michealson.

The only daughter of Mr michealson.

I however walk towards the man but he stood up immediately as he saw me and turn around to give me a hug.

I smile, he is always like that. Father figure.

He lead me to the small room around the corner and offer me a seat.

I smile at him and he responded with his own.

" I'm very happy you show up today Jack, i have been awaiting for arrival " he says grinning.

He seems very excited to see me, probably because it has been a very long while i came to pooling lodge.

I have been so busy since Maureen came back and i have decline Many swimming competition than i could count so it is only understandable for him to be glad that i finally showed up to take up one.

" Im very sorry sir, i have been busy lately " i said to him politely and he smile.

" You are still very much respectful even after building your own company. Your father must be very proud of you "

I smile, he has to. The Mikes took everything called mayors creation away and i rebuild it.

Bringing back my father's name must have irritated Mr Mike so much.

" Mel told me you will like to see me. I will take up the competition if that is what you wanted to talk about  and do not worry i will try my best to emerges as the winner "

The man nodded and i noticed that is not the reason he wanted to see me.
Something is up.

" I know you will be the winner even before you say it out. You are Jack Mayor after all "

" What is the reason you wanted to see me then? " I ask trying not to sound urgently.

" I have a favor to ask you "

I frown in surprise.

" Please do, there is nothing i won't do. You have been much helpful to me in the past " i said eagerly. If he want me to extend my contract i will.

Mr michealson has been a good boss and a mentor to me.

" Janes? " I heard him call unto his daughter who was standing by the window. She Came into the small room and sat down beside her father.

She look utterly beautiful in her white dress.

I became confused, what is going on.

" Jack, i want you to marry my daughter "