CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: Let's trail her

I woke up with a heavy heart. I have had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Maureen has offered me a dinner but i had refused that yesterday.  I couldn't bring myself to eat knowing that somewhere unknown to me a fragile lady, my woman is been held by the bad guys.

After thinking for a very long time i still  haven't arrive on a plan. I know any slight mistake will be dangerous regarding the situation at hand.  i walk into my bathroom to get cleaned up , emerging minutes later to get dressed.

I get dress in a faded crazy jean and a white shirt. I undone a few bottons to reveal a bit of my solid, firm chest. I styled my hair to a new different fashion and i put on a white leather boots that mere looking at it one would know it cost a fortune.

I stare at myself in the body length mirror and i smile wearily. I look very handsome with my new hairstyle and new dress code.

I picked up my cellphone and walk out to the living room.

" You are going somewhere? " I heard Maureen's voice behind me. I turn to see her surprise expression.

" Yes, i will be back before nightfall "

" Are you giving up mayors creation to save jilly? " She asked alarmed. I turn to her fully and sighed.

"  I'm going to claw foot club. Get yourself together, nothing is going to happen to the company " i scolded her.

I walk to the living room where Han was sitting. He stood up as if waiting for me. His expression when he saw me told me he is surprise about my dressing.

" You look different today. Handsome and wealthy " he said.

I roll my eyes " I don't need a compliment from a stiff guy. " I said smiling.

" It's been almost twenty four hours since Mr Mike abducted jilly. What is your plan ? "

The smile on my face evaporated to the wind.

" I'm going to claw foot club, i need to meet Mike. I can't sign my company to him just like that. We need to have a conversation "

I walk out to my car , han following me.

" I don't think this is a good idea. " He said trying to keep pace with me. I turn to him.

" It's just a conversation, before I make any decision i need to be sure if jill is safe " i walk to my car and get in behind the wheel.

" I will go with you. If anything happens to you Maureen will have a hard time " he said getting into the car beside me.

I stop and face him with a face devoid of humor.

" Do you like my sister? Or are you only here because of her pregnancy? "

He stare at me in the Same manner, not that i have ever seen him smile anyway.

" I do not know for now, all i know is that i want to keep her safe and happy "

" Fair enough " i said reviving the car. I shot one last glance to my house before driving off. " She Will be safe till we are back... Right ? "

" Sure, Mr Mike has Jill already. It will be fruitless to threaten you again using your sister "

I drove away to claw foot club and alighted when i pull into the building.

Han step out as well and follow me. As expected the staffs all stare at me in awe.

" Oh goodness, isn't that Jack Mayor? "

" The swimmer who won the medal weeks ago "

" He is so cute. He is a CEO of mayors creation, look how Young and dominant he is "

I ignore all the comments from them. I walk straight to the CEO office and push the door open.

I saw a woman with him, they stop speaking immediately when i open the door.  Mike isn't too surprise to see me.

" Go ahead , i will call upon you later " he said to the lady he was speaking to.
The woman hang her head and walk out.

Hmm she look familiar. I said to myself.

" Sit down Jack. You look more handsome today " Mike complimented and i roll my eyes.

" Why are you doing this? " I demanded in a cold voice.

He smiled briefly before he pretend to be reading some documents. I walk to his desk and flung away the papers in annoyance.

" Why are you doing this " I repeated tightly. I have kept myself in check for Many hours. I have thought about it for almost over a day but still i couldn't understand why Mike would want my  company. The one i built from the scratch. As far as I know claw foot club is doing very great.

He finally raise his head to glare at me.

" Don't get yourself worked up. I did anything i want Because i can. "

" Really? " I asked laughing " not so convincing. Try again "

He stood up slowly. " Your father, mayor ,you are just like him.

My face turn hard immediately " Do not mention my father's name from your gutter mouth. Thanks to you he was sent to an early grave, you took away his properties and his company which was his legacy and now you want mine? You think i would give in to your request? "

" The only mistake you make Jack is reviving your father's name. I would have stay off if your damn company isn't call mayors creation! But what more can i do except to make it fall ? "

I Scoffed at his words. To be honest I'm shock to hear the reason.

" Mayor? Is that why you have been tormenting me? Is that why you have jill kidnapped? So you could take away my father's name? This is greatly absurd. What has my dad done to you ? He is your friend and partner for goodness sake ! " I yell loudly at him.

I couldn't believe this nonsense i am hearing from him. So because of me reviving my father's company, my father name, he has chosen to make my life a hell?.

" Shout and get mad all you want but this is reality and I won't joke around since I'm a business man. If you fail to sign the contract that i will send to you tonight i will make sure your beloved Jillian Don never sees the daylight again "

I rush to him and pull him by the collar of his shirt roughly.

" Is that a threat? " I asked him angrily.

He freed himself from my grip and two security guards came running in.

" Consider it an advise from your Dead father's childhood friend " he replied smirking.

I move close to him angrily but the guards held me by the arms. I jerked away from their grip and  smoothen my shirt, sighing to keep my temper in check.

I glare at Mike one more time before getting out of his office. I walk straight towards the exit .Han who has been waiting for me by the door followed me immediately.

I stop suddenly when i sighted the woman i saw in Mike's room earlier getting into a car. I frown in remembrance as i saw her plate number.

" That is the woman who came by to my house the day Jill was admitted to the hospital " i mutters to han.

" Yes, that is the plate number i copied " he replied in awe.

I didn't wait to reply him, i walk hastily to my car and han settled down beside me as well.

" What do you think ? " He asked me as i start the car.

" I'm going to trail her to wherever she goes " i said driving off.