CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: Doubts

Jillian's Pov

My eyelids open slowly to see Maureen and my dad. They were so excited to see me conscious.

" Are you okay? " I heard Maureen said to me hastily. She look so plump in her expensive looking gown that i wonder how long i have been unconscious.

I tried to sit up but failed, groaning i laid back looking around to see that I'm in Jack mayor's room.

My dad stare at me lovingly, worried line shows on his forehead and i smile to assure him that I'm okay.

The door open slowly and han step in. He stare at me for some time his face showing excitement that i smile brightly at him.

Then the memories came flooding in, i stare at han as i remembered how he had saved me from that evil assassin. Jack also, who appear at the very right moment ,he had saved me from the bad guys who was chasing me as if their life depends on it.

" Jack, where is he? " I managed to asked weakly. They stare at me without answering and panicked rose inside me.

To my relief the door open and the handsome jack mayor walk in , he stop suddenly at the entrance when he saw me awake.

" Jill, oh my goodness! You finally gain conscious " he said dashing towards the bed side.

I smile at his handsome face, fascinated at his blond hair which he has styled differently.

He furrowed his eyebrows worriedly , picking up my hand soothingly.

" I'm okay " i assure him smiling.

I saw Maureen and han walk out. My dad stay for a while before walking out as well leaving me and jack in the room.

I parted my lips to speak but Jack stop me.

" Relax, don't try to speak. You will only get exhausted " he said smiling at me.

" I'm not too hurt, how long have i been unconscious ? " I asked wanly.

" Two days now. Joan said you will be better as time passes. " Jack explain smiling. I reached out to caress his face gently, he look tired and worn out.i reason he must have been busy this days.

" You are burning up jack, are you okay ? " I asked concerned when my fingers touched his cheek. He covers my hand with his and shook his head.

" I am fine, do not worry about me at all " he said smiling. The door open and Han came in. He whispered some words I couldn't hear to Jack and the latter's face creased in concerned.

He turn to me and place a kiss on my forehead gently before walking out with han without a word. I stare into space wishing to following him but my health does not permit me.

I wonder what has happened again. Jack seem very much stressed out, i wonder if he is sleeping at all. The door open again and this time Maureen mayor step in.

She smiled brightly at me , walking to the bedside.

" You are the luckiest woman alive Jilly. You survived " she said to me and i smile when she sat down.

" Yeah, i did survive " i murmured as the memory of me being shot cloud my mind. If only Jack and his guys alongside Han hasn't rescue me i wouldn't be alive at all.

Then i remembered Zach Mike who has attempted to force me to bed.
I breathe out shakily as the image came to my mind. I am really grateful that he didn't have his way after all.

" What is going on? It seems something is off with Jack " i said to Maureen who smile ruefully.

" It's Mr michealson, The CEO of pooling lodge,  he is sick and he has requested to see Jack immediately "

Mr michealson? Wasn't that the father of Janes, the lady who has tried to stop me from entering the other day?
I breathe out shakily, wondering what difficulty Jack would face this time.

" You look happy, is things going well between you and Han? " I asked Maureen trying to take my mind of the thought of Jack meeting up with Mr michealson where obviously janes will be available.

She shrugged slightly before nodding. I guess things isn't going too well as she responded uninterestedly. Well Han isn't a man of romance at all, i couldn't blame him though. It must have been a hard life, first growing up in an orphanage without knowing his true parents then going through a hard training to be a soldier and lastly being a stalker to the evil Mr Mike.

" Nothing from the mikes? " I asked again. I couldn't help but get curious about the Mikes. I'm sure Mr Mike would have been shock and greatly mad that his plan doesn't work out.

I then remembered the woman who has tend to me when i am locked in that small room. She has said i am Jack's weakness, a bait to catch him anytime and anywhere. I sighed at the thought of it thinking hard.

Should i leave the mayors so I won't be a problem to them anymore?. I turn to stare at Maureen Mayor whose pregnancy is already revealing gradually.

She has a blonde hair just like that of her handsome brother. I smile at her pretty,white face. Then the idea came to me.

Maureen has been so willing to marry Zach Mike for some documents. Yes!

Should i go for it?

I remembered the day Mr Mike mentioned my mother. I wondered how she could possibly contributed in the growth of claw foot club.

Miller also has mentioned that Mayor, Jack's Father has gave up his properties because of a woman.

Who possibly could that be?

The documents in claw lake mansion will tell but i wonder how i could get hold of it then the idea hit me.

Zach Mike!

Oh , I doubt if Jack mayor will allow me to get involved with the mikes after this incident.

" What's wrong?  You are frowning. Are you in pain? " Maureen asked urgently, standing on her feet. I smile at her assuring her I'm okay. " Jack won't take it easy if anything happens to you " She concluded sitting at the edge of bed with her hands on mine.

" Maureen, can you help me call my dad? I want to go home "

Maureen frown in confusion. " Why would you want to return home when you are still healing? Jack won't permit it "

Yes she is right. I will wait till I'm completely healthy by then I would have concluded on whether to run away from the mayors or to stay with them.