CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: Is he dead?

Jack's Pov

I walk to Janes car thinking very hard. I tried but failed to see the reason why Donald would want to become the CEO of my company. I should have known he won't stay still when he saw Maureen pregnant.

I sat in the driver's seat waiting for han who was helping Janes out with her travellers bag.

" We are ready " Janes said from the backseat in a low voice and i started the car when Han settled beside me.
It was a long , silent drive to my house and i am pretty glad when we finally arrived.

I walk around to Janes to help with her bag before heading inside where i saw Jill and Maureen watching TV and smiling.

They stop speaking immediately they saw me, confusion written boldly on their face when they saw the travellers bag. They look pass me to janes who appear by my side.

I heard someone gasp, it's Janes.

" Maureen? Maureen mayor the beautiful heiress? " She exclamation and i sighed softly.

" Yes, that's my sister " i answered tiredly. I am feeling sleepy and worn out, this past days i haven't had enough rest.

" Oh really? The one who gave you a very hard time with her absent right? " She said glaring at Maureen who rewarded her also with her own look of contempt. Janes Continue " You want to pick a fight? Does she even know what you pass through when she left ? "

" Enough! " I yell out loudly to Janes. I shot her a narrow look wondering why she is behaving this way on her first day. I won't put the blame on her at all. I turned to Jill and Maureen who sat down staring at me to give an explanation.

" Janes will be living here for a while " i said dropping the bomb.

" What? " Jill asked surprised

" Why ? " Maureen ask Also shocked.
Good, i could feel the tension in the air. Things are about to get ugly.

" Her dad, Mr michealson was shot last night. He feared for his only daughter so he begged me to keep her safe for now. " I explained.

Suddenly Maureen stood up and walk away to her room , Jill followed seconds later with a glare at janes before walking off to my room. I heave a sigh.

" Things are about to get ugly. I should have known " i turn to Janes who was smiling secretly " i will show you to your room " i said leading the way to the guests quarters. I offered her a large comfy room and walk away not even bothering to hear her response.

I opened the door to my room and walk in slowly. Jill sat on the bed with her hands folded beneath her breasts.

She look away from me pretending to be unaware of my presence.

" You shouldn't be walking around Jill, how are you feeling? " I asked reaching out to touch her but she shrugged slightly breaking off the contact.

" Can't you get her an apartment or something? Why would you bring her here? Even Maureen does not like her " She complain pouting and i hanged my head laughing.

She is getting jealous.

She face me with surprised look.

" Is it that funny? "

" No, Just accommodate her Jill. Her father is a good man " i told her gently before walking towards the door.

" Jack " She called me urgently and i turned to her. " Can i leave? I need to go to my dad's house. " She said and i stiffled.

" Is this because of Janes? " I asked calmly but she shook her head " no, I won't let you out of my sight " i said before walking out.

It will be foolish of me to let her leave when she was just been rescued.

I knock on Maureen door and I head her voice telling me to come in.

She was on the bed , a book in her hand. She stare at me uneasily and i smile.

" You okay? " I asked her but in response she came towards me and pull me into a hug. I frown in confusion. " Hey, what's wrong? The baby? " I asked her gently and she shook her head in negative.

" I didn't mean to run away Jack. I just ... Wanted to do something concerning the death of father " She said with teary eyes. I sighed softly.

The words of janes must have make her feel guilty.

" That's okay, i was mad at you in the past also but not anymore. About father i will do something about it ... Okay? "

She nodded sniffing. I pull away from her and step out and headed for my room tiredly.

Jill wasn't in the room and i figured she must have gone to the living room.

I sighed softly happy to have a moment to myself. I picked up my cellphone and stare at it , debating whether to call Donald or not. I finally tossed the cellphone away clenching my teeth. I felt sick and tired.

It's been a very long weeks I'd say. I pull off my clothes and walk into the shower.

I came out after a while dripping wet, i didn't bother to put on a cloth. I just get into bed and my eyelids dropped open all of a sudden. Exhausted and weak i slept off immediately.

***

Jillian's Pov

I walk out of Jack's bedroom after he Left, concluding on my mind that he will never let me leave even if i insist.

Now that Janes has arrived to live with Jack i temporarily drop the idea of leaving. I knew she has come here for another motive. The incident of her dad been shot must have been a blessing in disguise to her, that I'm very sure.

I walk into the living room where Han was sitting looking thoughtful. I miss him and I'm grateful to him.

He raised up his head when he noticed my presence. I held my breath when he look at me. He is a very handsome man with few words.

I walk to him and sat down besides him on the couch.

" Are you okay? You look worried " i said concerned. He shrugged shooking his head but i won't hear none of it.

I know something is wrong somewhere and he doesn't want to let it out.

" The mikes? " I yell in shock.

" No, it's Jack's company. Mr Wilson gave Jack a call while ago telling him Donald will be made the CEO of mayors creation tomorrow "

" What! " I heard Maureen asked from behind. She look pale and i worried she would collapse.

She turn to the direction of Jack's room and i followed, han Also.

I rushed into the room after her and han came in as well.

Jack was on the bed sleeping soundly, with the bed coverlet covering him but his shoulder were bare and I'm sure he isn't wearing any clothes.

I frown when i noticed the beads of sweat on his forehead.

I rushed to the bed side to feel his temperature and my heart dropped into my stomach when i didn't feel any pulse.

" Oh My goodness! Is he dead? "