CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: The gaze speaks

Jillian's Pov

I walk slowly into the living room ,my eyes still on my mother. My gaze fell on her wristwatch and to study her skin then i frown in confusion.
Her skin is luminous and her wristwatch is very expensive, i could tell by just glancing at it.

Why does she dressed so shabbily? Is she here to deceive my dad and i ? Again? No way! I vowed to myself.

I sat down on the couch across her, staring at the woman who gave birth to me and then abandoned me when I was nine.

" Jill i... " She began but i shook my head and cut in.

" Call me jilly, everyone does. I think My man is the only who  has the right to call me jill. Please " i begged politely and i saw her swallowed as if keeping her temper in check.

" When did she arrive dad? " I asked my father who just hang his head thoughtfully.

He raised his head to look at me, pity in his eyes.

" At dawn, that was why i didn't come back to Jack's mansion. I'm sorry " He apologize and i held the urge to roll my eyes. I can't believe this.

" You mean to tell me She arrive hours ago and you can't tell me? What if she hurt you father ? " I asked half yelling.

" Enough! Jilly she is your mother... Show respect " My dad scolded me and i sighed. Because he has been the one for me all the years i have come to respect, love and care for him.

I obeyed him, turning to my mother i gave her a fake smile. The one i use when i was in the front of a camera, during modeling.

" I'm sorry, how have you been? " I asked in a low tone and suddenly she bursted into tears. My dad quickly Rush to her, patting her on the back.
Okay, i saw it. It isn't an act, she is crying for real. Probably because she feel remorseful for what she had done.

I stood up as well when my father signal me over. I sat beside her , immediately i settled down on the couch her perfume Make it's way to my nostril and i creased my face at it's scent.

I know that perfume, it's from claw foot club because i have model it for me in the past.
I sprang up suddenly to stare at her, not that I'm indicating she is working for the Mikes, no because after all anyone can buy the perfume anywhere but i just don't feel safe with her around.

" Why are you here? " I asked impatiently. She pinned me with her gaze, sighing gently before replying.

" Jilly I'm here to inform you about something " she replied in a rasp voice.

I Scoffed at her word " Why did you dress shabbily when the airs coming from you scream of wealth? " I asked her folding my hands beneath my breast. I didn't caught her by surprise because she only smiled at my answer.

" You have a keen eyes, i disguised like this so i won't be seen. "

I frown and so did my father.

" Seen ? How do you mean? By who ? " He asked.

She stare at my dad and I for a moment, regret on her face.

" I moved on " She announced looking away " I left fifteen years ago to get married to someone, a rich man. I can't ... Let's skip that ... Alright? " She said waving her hands away. I scoff slightly. She just came back after fifteen years and all she could do is to wave her hand?  No explanation? Really?

" I think we deserve an explanation, why would you leave both dad and I to get married again ? " I asked on behalf of my dad who sat there with a white face.

I could feel the sadness in him, his beloved woman just came back after fifteen years to announce this bullshit without even feeling apologetic.

" Isn't that obvious, i left because of the wealth Jilly. You think i would continue with your dad in that hardship? " She ask me raising her voice slightly. I stood for a heart stopping seconds to study her and i got the answer.

She is here for something else and not to check on us. My heart bled for my father who has been waiting for her all the years. The reason she gave isn't so convincing and i really don't know why i got the feelings that she isn't letting all her causes out.

" Why are you here then? To claim the wealth we have now acquired ? " I asked her gently.

She shook her head in negative " No but to warned you about something, it's about Jack Mayor " She announced and i chuckled, gesturing with my hand.

" Oh come off it, you don't know him " I said glaring at her even though I'm chuckling. I think i know where the conversation is going to and I'm sure as hell don't want to hear it.

" You need to stay off him " She said with her green eyes boring into mine.

I frowned " what are you talking about? How do you know about Jack and I? We both never announced our relationship to the public "

" A woman has been to me, She asked me to warn you off that gorgeous swimmer "

" Why should i leave Jack Mayor? Any tangible reason? "

She sighed, rolling her eyes.

" She said if you don't keep away from him she's going to kill you and i believe her. I don't ... " She stop to find the right word " I don't want to see you dead Jilly, no matter how awkward or bad the situation is you will always be my only child. I'm sure you know better that Jack Mayor is a dangerous man, he has always have this dangerous atmosphere around him, drop dead gorgeous, dangerously so. So wealthy and talented and then his sister, The Mayor's princess. Don't you know their war with the mikes? " She explained with a sad, trembling voice.

I stiffened for some moment , watching her. She appeared to be scared somehow, i guess she care about me after all.
She knows the Mikes and Mayors. Well everyone knows them and their conflicts.

I take back the words that my mum dress shabbily Because beneath that very cheap clothes she wore was a ...
My thoughts was interrupted by the doorbell.

Without waiting for any response Jack and Han dash in.

Bursted! Jack Saw my mother and frown.

What's going on? That gaze from him to my mum  said " It's been a long time, why are you here? "

I exhaled deeply. I guess things is about to go ugly.