CHAPTER NINETEEN: Han has been taken

Jillian's Pov

" Do you really have to go ? " Maureen says sweetly and i smile.

"  We have to, Han and i have many places to go today. We have already skip so much schedule for only you yesterday " i said smiling.

Laura, Maureen and jack see off to my car.

I gave both Laura and Maureen a hug and smile at jack who responded with his own.

Han nodded at them and enter the car.

I sat beside him and he stop in the middle of buckling up his seat belt and look at me.

" It's okay, i think we need to talk " i told him and he settled down and drove off.

" I am very tired, i couldn't even sleep " i said tiredly and i sit back.

" Me too, Everything is happening so fast "
I look at him and scoff.

" You make it sound as if you're Maureen's lover, to be honest i still wonder why and how you convince me into sleeping over there "

He didn't reply for some moment.
" I don't trust the nanny " he finally said softly and i stare at him in surprise.

" Why would you say that? Jack said she has been working with the mayor's family before the demise of his father "

" That isn't enough reason to trust her, you could see her reaction at the hospital "

I tilted my head thinking and i smile.

" I don't think so , she said she step out because Miller told her to do so " i said trying hard to ignore the truth.

It would do no good to go back and convince jack to be careful of his nanny.

" But you didn't stay up all night to watch over her. " I said shrugging.

" I did "

" No you don't, i check up on her later but you ain't in her room "

" I don't need to be in her room, her brother is there already and i won't want to make him suspicious of me "

Oh great! If he saw jack going to Maureen's room last night, that means he saw me too.

I shifted uncomfortably and he smile secretly, this took me by surprise.

" What's so funny ? " I asked trying to sound unconcerned but i failed.

" Do you like him ? " He asked politely and i stare at him in horror.

Oh Lord! What have i done?

Does he know what happened in Jack's room ? I asked myself.

" Why would i like him? He's too arrogant for my liking " i said turning away to look out of the window.

" There's nothing to despise about him. Assuming am a female i would be very crazy if i didn't feel anything for him yet " he said and i laughs.

" Great! Thank goodness you're not a female " i said.

I wonder how Jack will be doing right now anyway.

" I see you didn't ask about Mr Mike " he said and i took some moment before replying.

" Yes, i figured you Will tell me when you want. I don't want to make you uncomfortable "

He glance at me briefly and nodded before turning to the road.

" Don't hide your feelings for jack mayor, i know he is better than Zach Mike " he said ,which took me by surprise. Before i could respond he alighted from the car and i realized we have arrived.

I smile gratefully to myself and still i wonder how come han could be so free with me throughout yesterday and today as well.

I smile, i think I'm beginning to think of my chauffeur as a friend.

I came down from the car to stare at Zach Mike.
I gasp in surprise to see him.

He stare at me for a while and i waited.

" Where have you been ? " He asked angrily and i Scoff.

What's wrong him?

" I do not remember where there's a clause on the contract I sign with your dad that i will have to report to his son where i ... " He didn't let me finish speaking before he cut in.

" Do you know the consequences of meeting up with Jack Mayor? " He asked in a cold voice and i stare at him squarely.

" He's a gentle man unlike you. I think the consequences of meeting him is to fall for him " I said to him without flinching.

Everything about Zach Mike now make me mad.

Whenever i set my eyes on him the image of Maureen mayor will just keep playing in my head.

He seem surprised at  what i just said, he set his jaw and took a step towards me.

" Your career will be on the line as well, your beloved father will never survive and you will become very miserable. Jack won't offer you anything , he will take what he wanted from you and dump you later on "

I shudder in fear as i heard what he said. I gaze into his eyes and i know he mean every word he says.
As much as i  try to ignore him I know the truth.
Getting into the conflict between the family will do me no good and I'm not ready to loose my father. But he was wrong on the point that jack mayor will use me and dump me.

I laugh wickedly

" You have no right to pronounce Jack's name in your mouth, he never uses me even when i beg him to and i strongly believe he will never dump me " i said to him seriously. He step back as he realized how strongly i am defending jack mayor.

He raised his cellphone to me and i stare at the screen to see the picture of jack and i in the hospital yesterday.

" What do you think my dad will do if he saw this ? " He asked me and i shrug.

" I Will tell him i accompany him to the hospital where Maureen mayor is "

Zach stare at me and laugh dryly.
" Do you think he did not know already? Does your life mean nothing to you Jilly ? " he asked and i smile.

" Why? Will you strangle me as well if i keep seeing  Jack mayor ? " I asked him and before he could answer i walk pass him into the house.

I met everyone scrambling to sit , they have been watching Zach and i argument from the window.

Han lean against the wall looking blankly into space.

" Jill, what's going on between you and Zach? " Larry asked and i smile tiredly.

" I will explain later on. " I stare at Diana and Lorie.
They both seem worried about me.

" I am fine , no need to worry. I need to get dress " i  turn to larry " do i have any schedule today? "

He sighed softly at me and nodded.

" Won't you get some rest ? " He asked and i shook my head.

I stood up to prepare myself and both Diana and Lorie follow me. Moment later i emerges ready to go.

" Where's han ? " I asked larry as i look around.

He look around as well in confusion.

" I think he must be in the car waiting for you. "

I step out and walk towards my car.

Han isn't there but the door was open, i walk around to know what's going on.

Cold sweat broke out from me as i scream my lung out when i saw blood all over the seat.