CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: My career or the Mayors

Jack's Pov

I saw the happiness on Jill's face when she heard me saying han was found.

I smile in happiness and I'm proud of myself, never has anything excited me the way it does when i saw Jill's face lighted up.

" Will they rescue him? " I heard Jill asked and I nodded.

" Yes, Logan call to ask for my go ahead " i told her and i smile.

I saw her looking around.

" Where's Laura ? " She asked.

" She left a while ago for the grocery store " Maureen replied.

Jill cellphone buzz and she look at me apologetically.

" I need to take this , please excuse me " She said politely before answering the call.

I watch her every move and i am thrilled at her beauty.

It took my every strength to control my lust towards her.

She hung up and turn to me.

" I need to go, My sponsor want to see me " She said and i frown.

To be precise i do not know what i feel for Jill but i am very sure i will never want to see her in another man's arm.

" Is it safe ? I don't want you to leave " i told her honestly and she smile.

" I have to. He sounds so urgent. " She says looking away with guilt.

Against my common sense, i close in on her and gave her a hug.

" What will i do to make you stay? " I asked her softly and i heard her sighed in response.

She pull away slowly and stare into my eyes.

" I will be fine " she says, she collected my cellphone from me and dialed her contact information, her phone buzz second later and she declined.

" I will call when i get home " she said to me, she turn to Maureen who was lost in the world of her own and smile to her. The latter responded by nodding.

" I will inform you if anything happens " i said following her out to her car.
She turn suddenly and i stopped, surprise.

She move closer to me , her body molding against me and i moan.

My thumb went up to her chin, down to her lower lips. Her breath was warm and i didn't held back.

I fixed my mouth on her's and she move closer to me, making me to feel the softness of her breasts.
She open her mouth further inviting me in and i followed her move.

She pull away slowly and i groan in annoyance.

" I need to go jack " she said and i nodded.
She entered the car and drove off as she left me standing.

I stare into space clenching my hands into a fist as i realized i have another love one.
This isn't good. I said to myself.
She is now my weakness and also the woman I love.

***

Jillian's Pov

I stare at the traffic light which was about a block ahead and i waited.
When it turn green i tapped my foot against the gas pedal and speed away with many thoughts in my head.

I wonder what my sponsor want to see me for.

I doubt if Zach told him about what has been going on.

My thoughts then landed on the sexy Jack Mayor.

I never know or imagine ever to be in jack mayor's arms.

It felt so good and safe.
I could remember the look on his face when i pull away.
I really don't know why i am very excited about it.

Does it mean we are in a relationship? I asked myself and i scoff.

Well, nevertheless i think he felt something for me.

Finally i pull into the claw lake mansion.
I have been here couple of time but each day of my visit left me gazing at the Claw Lake mansion.

I saw a woman who dressed in a smart suit and had her hair in a ponytail walk pass my car into hers and drove off.

I shrugged as i alighted as well.

I walk into the house, unlike Jack's mansion or Zack's mansion, Mr Mike has many maids.

It is understandable since it's a very big house.

The butler came running to me.

" Welcome Miss Jilly, Mr Mike is awaiting you in his study " he says Bowing slightly.

I nodded at him and walk pass many attendants who greeted me and i gave them my smile in response.

I finally arrived at the study of Mr Mike, I gave the door a knock and i heard him reply from the inside. Telling me to come in.

I turned the knob and push the door open and i stepped in.

I saw Mr Mike behind a desk , signing some papers. He look up at me and smile at me coldly.

I shiver uncomfortably, surely i have anger him because something about him makes me scared now.

" How have you been lately ? " He asked and i smile.

He didn't even offer me a seat.

" I have been doing okay sir " i told him and he chuckled.

" You mean going to Jack Mayor's house and leaving out your work means doing okay? " He asked coldly and i sighed.
Here we go again.

" I am sorry if visiting jack mayor makes you uncomfortable. I am sorry for not working hard lately, it is my fault " i said apologetically.

He stare at me for a long time.

" Sit, i need to speak with you " he said and i pulled out a chair and lower myself unto it.

" You're a very beautiful woman Jilly, it will do no good if you get yourself mixed up in this conflict between the mayors and i... Don't you think ? " He asked softly and i nodded.

" I have no intention in interupting you from the hatred you shares with the mayors sir " i said and he stood up.
He walk around the desk to stood in front of me and my heart dropped into my stomach when i saw his steady hard face.

" Will you listen if i told you to never meet up with any of the mayors ? "

" No sir " i told him silently and i saw cold anger glitters in his eyes before disappearing behind his dishonest smile.

" Would you like to terminate your contract then? " I heard him asked and i gasp in shock.

" What? Why going to that extent? I have work my self off for four years " I asked horrified.

" You will ruin it yourself if you do not listen to me, stay away from the mayors and we will forget about this visit " he said angrily , never bothering to hide the disgusted look on his face.