Chapter 6

Kaiden kept spacing out until they arrived in Montanari villa, thinking how will he pay his rent and where will he live?

He don't have any relative here and in their province too. His mother was an only child so he has no uncles nor aunts. His mother is already dead, his grandparents who raised him too. His father is still unknown from the moment he opened his eyes until now.

He's alone. He has no family left. They all left him.

The Mafia queen decided to take the doctor to her home first. She told them that she cannot take Kaiden home with her, her parents dislikes the poor boy. She also told them that Kaiden has no family anymore.

Louie, who understands the boy's situation (as I said, he experienced dwelling in streets because he had nowhere to go and of course, he don't want someone to experience it) forced the ruthless Mafia to let Kaiden spend the night in the villa.

There was a long argument between them and it took time for the sniper to please his cold, cruel boss. The Mafia queen kept saying that Kaiden can spend his night in streets and she cannot just let a stranger go inside her house, if he want he'll sleep in the cellar since it's the only room in her house that a stranger can go in.

The sniper told her to stop being meanie and just let the boy sleep in the house. He also said she already saved the boy so why don't she just help him now? Scarlett retorted that she did that for the doctor not for the introvert boy.

Louie told her that she bought the boy so she have to take him home. The Mafia queen announced that she didn't buy Kaiden, she didn't pay the auctioneer, not even a peso, so there's no reason to take the introvert home. The sniper, Avery and Kaiden, on the other hand, were shocked after Scarlett said that, but Louie continued to force her to agree with his decision.

Of course, the sniper didn't want to lose in the argument so he begged and forced the Mafia queen until she finally gave up. It took almost fifteen minutes before the Mafia queen agreed.

The two didn't realize that the boy they're arguing about is just sitting behind them and when they averted their gazes to him, he's already bowing his head because of embarrassment, the doctor consoling him.

When they were heading home, after they brought Avery back to her house, the atmosphere inside the car was so awkward, and the silence were thick and deafening and it lasted until they entered the villa.

Now, they are sitting on the black couches, drowned in their own worlds; Jaxon is sleeping on the single sofa with his arms upon the armrests, Austin and Hades are playing online games in their phones, but this time, they aren't cursing each other for messing up the game, they're just quietly playing.

The Mafia queen is sitting on her luxurious black wing chair while gazing at Kaiden who is sitting on the long couch, beside the sniper, the hacker and the assassin, he kept pressing himself against the armrest of the couch while bowing his head because of embarrassment, silently whispering to the floor to swallow him alive.

Twenty minutes and thirty seconds.

The talkative sniper, who isn't used to silence, is surprisingly still alive. Yes, he managed to not open his mouth and utter a word within twenty minutes. He managed to survive within a quiet room!

Damn! I cannot do this anymore. I quit!

"Stop this fvcking silence before I die! Why are you even so quiet? Where's your tongues?! Who's fvcking holding it?!"

"You really cannot keep your talkative mouth shut, huh?"

"Shut up, home of the dead!"