Chapter 50

"Miss S-Scarlett----"

"How many months are we together again?" Scarlett asked irritatedly with her cold voice as she threw a glare at Kaiden who's walking towards her while holding a miniature strawberry heart-shaped cake that had five candles on it.

"Five! H-Happy five monthsary, Miss Scarlett!"

The boy grinned happily as the mafia queen snorted. She watched the boy as he put the cake upon her table.

"Why the fvck you're still calling me 'Miss Scarlett', then?"

"W-What should I call you, then? Mrs Mendez?"

Kaiden reddened after he said that. He looked away as Scarlett stared at him with her heart beating so fast, a mixture of happiness and warm feeling spread across her system.

The introvert boy cleared his throat, face and ears are still reddening because of shyness.

"I...uhm..."

"Tss." Scarlett hid her meagre smile. She stood up and walked towards the shy boy whose head is hanging low again. "Stop blushing and start walking. Let's go somewhere."

Kaiden looked up at her, then towards the cake that was upon the table.

"H-How about the cake? Won't we eat it?"

"Later. Let's go somewhere first."

"Okay," the introvert boy mumbled as he hurriedly followed the mafia queen who is already opening the door.

Scarlett was about to open it but she halted when the boy suddenly hugged her from behind, causing her to narrow her eyes.

"What?"

"Y-You're on your period."

Kaiden let her go and removed his black suit jacket and gave it to the mafia queen, then he hurriedly ran to his backpack that was on the couch in the lounge area of Scarlett's office.

He opened it and pulled out a pack of napkin.

You see, they've been together for five months and Kaiden, as a boyfriend, is always ready for unexpection situation like this. He always has pack of sanitary napkins in his backpack.

He ran towards the mafia queen again and gave it to her as Scarlett supressed a smile while taking it from the boy.

"Thanks," she mumbled and immediately made her way to the bathroom of her office to change.

Kaiden, on the other hand, grinned when he remembered the mafia queen's very small smile.

They've been together for five months yet the mafia queen still rarely smile so everytime she do, Kaiden keeps on being captivated by it. Even though it's just an almost invisible smile, it's still the most precious and pretty smile he have ever seen.

"She's so beautiful when she smile," he uttered to himself, then he giggled afterwards but it didn't last because a devil just barged inside his girlfriend's office and take note, he has bouquet of red roses in his hand again.

Kaiden's at the verge of being sick because of that roses, he keep seeing it everyday, especially the one who's holding it; he wants to punch him but he's stopping himself.

"Where is she?" Lorenzo asked and showed his sickening smile that's making the introvert boy's stomach to churn because of annoyance and hatred.

But of course Kaiden is nice so he returned the smile with wide yet fake one.

"S-She's in the b-bathroom, M-Mr Ferrara."