Chapter 35

"Good morning, lovely mademoiselle!" Andrew, the president's son, greeted happily as he smiled widely at Keira who just returned it with forced one, but he ignored it and caressed her tummy instead. "Good morning, too, little one. Grow faster, okay? Your uncle Drew is excited to play with you!"

And because of that, the chef finally chuckled and slapped the other's chest playfully.

"Stop acting like an excited father who's eager to see his first born baby," she said with a hint of bitterness in her voice, but she shrugged it off and raised an eyebrow at her fiancé who gave her mischievous look.

Andrew leaned his face closer to hers as the chef stepped back but before she could distance herself from the boy, he already grabbed her by the waist and pulled her against his body, he was so careful not to squeeze her tummy, too.

"Kei, I would really be happy to be your baby's father, you know, I'll accept him or her as my real child.  Seems like the father don't want the baby and I just want to tell you that I am ready to be the father. I am ready to take the responsibility."

His voice were so serious and it made Keira gulp visibly.

"What do you mean?"

Andrew heaved a sigh and gave her a small smile.

"I don't want your baby to grow up without a father. We are bestfriends, right? And bestfriends are helping each other. I'll help you to raise the baby."

"But how will we do that? I'm stuck here," the chef said lowly, her voice were filled with sadness and regret.

"Marry me."

She raised her head faster than a lightning when the president's son said that. Her eyes widened with surprise. She was about to push the boy away but he just tightened his hold around her and chuckled.

"Look, isn't it better if we'll continue the marriage they arranged for us? We'll tell them I impregnated you and your father won't be mad, too. Kei, I am doing this for you and your baby, I know that bastard is treating you badly and I cannot let than happen anymore. I am really serious. I am ready to be tied with you for the sake of that innocent soul you're carrying."

Keira stared at him for a moment, then she shaked her head violently. Her heart were embraced by warmth when Andrew said he's ready to be the father of her child but there's something that is stopping her from agreeing with his idea....

"You know I love Kaiden, right? I only want to be married with him, not with anyone else."

Andrew rolled his eyes.

"Kaiden again? When will you forget about your sister's bestfriend? Keira! You're pregnant and you're still thinking about him?! The baby's father already don't like him or her, it is obvious and now you're thinking about someone else instead of your baby and his or her future?! Fvck it, Keira!"

And there, the chef seems like she finally realized what she said. She pregnant. She's carrying a baby and it is not Kaiden's baby. It's not a baby of the man she wanted to marry.

....The baby's father already don't like him or her.....

Andrew's sentence repeatedly played in her ears until she finally realized it.

Austin really don't like the baby. Keira could feel it. He don't care about her---about the baby. Yes, he's letting her stay in his mansion but he never took care of her. The assassin never took care about Keira! Keira who's the mother of his first child!

The chef's eyes started to be adorned with shining tears. She gripped Andrew's shirt tightly with her shaky hands and gave him a pleading look.

"D-Drew, w-what will I d-do? Y-You're right, Austin obviously don't like the baby and..."