Chapter 32

"Where are you going? It's sunday."

Kaiden flinched when a cold and dangerous voice suddenly spoke behind him.

He bit his lower lip and removed the key from the doorknob of the condo before he slowly turned to the mafia queen who's walking towards his direction with a frigid aura dancing around her and as usual, she's wearing her black leather jacket, black loose shirt, black ripped jeans and black rubber shoes and her long black hair were tied into a messy ponytail.

"Where are you going?" Scarlett asked again after she arrived in front of Kaiden who's staring at her with his innocent doe eyes while his hands are playing with the hem of his loose and oversized gray hoodie.

"U-Uhm, M-Miss Akari s-said the p-president wants to talk t-to me today. S-So, u-uhm, if y-you won't mind, I-I...."

The introvert boy froze when the mafia queen took step forwards until their fronts were almost pressed to each other. Scarlett put her cold, rough hands over his well-built biceps and leaned her face closer to his, her almond eyes that are holding a ravishing yet cold galaxy were fixed on his naive doe ones.

"Don't. Go."

"B-But M-Miss Akari w-will----"

"Akari again? When will you fvcking stop thinking about that bitch?!" Scarlett shouted in annoyance and forcefully let Kaiden go. The mafia queen breathed heavily and looked away from his shocked eyes.

"M-Miss S-Scarlett, s-she's not a b-b...i-itch. D-Don't call h-her that," Kaiden said lowly as he bowed his head down, afraid that the mafia queen will hurt him.

Scarlett snorted and slid her hands in her jean's pocket as she threw a stoic look at Kaiden for a second before she turned around, causing the other to look at her immediately.

"You can go, then. Go to your Miss Akari," she spat bitterly before she started to walk through the long hallway, being embraced by doubled coldness and menace this time.

Kaiden, on the other hand, hurriedly followed the mafia queen and grabbed her left arm to stop her from walking.

"W-Where are you g-going, M-Miss Scarlett?" he asked with worry in his voice. He's thinking that the mafia queen will take drugs and drink liquor at this time like what she's doing everyday, Louie told him about that. Kaiden cannot let Scarlett continue that dangerous lifestyle of hers!

He cares for her. He is worried for her because the mafia queen is his friend. He thinks she's his friend albeit sometimes she isn't nice to him.

Scarlett scoffed and pulled her arm away from Kaiden's hold very harshly. She straightened the untouched lapels of her jacket before she turned to the introvert boy with cold look on her scarred face.

"It's none of your business anymore. Why are you still here, huh? Your Miss Akari is waiting for---"

"W-Will you take d-drugs again and d-drink liquor?" Kaiden hesitantly asked and looked at Scarlett who's giving him a bored and cold stare.

The mafia queen snorted because of the introvert boy's innocent question but a small smirk went its way to the corners of her lips when an idea suddenly popped inside her dark mind.

She cleared her throat and removed the mischievous smirk on her lips.

"Yes."

After that, she turned around and was about to leave but she felt Kaiden's warm hand holding her left arm, causing her to smirk more but she immediately shrugged it off before turning to the innocent boy who's now throwing pleading look at her.