Chapter 34

Kaiden were busy cooking his dinner when he heard soft yet loud knocks on the door and that made his heart beat so fvcking fast and a thought about a certain girl invaded his mind for a second.

He knew a lot who's this person who loves to knock on his door every night and when he would open, she'll enter the condo as if she owns it with two medium-sized paper bags in her hand but...is it really her?

S-She was mad when s-she left few days ago, Kai! I-It's impossible that s-she'll go here again! Y-You hurt her!

The introvert boy bit his lower lip and reluctantly turned the stove off as he slowly took his Pikachu apron off.

There's part of him that's hoping that Scarlett's the one who's knocking on the door. He wish the door will reveal her again with paper bags in her hand, then she'll enter to place and invade it with her cold yet bearable aura. Kaiden hopes Scarlett is that person behind that door.

I-I won't mind i-if she'll be bossy t-to me again.

There's also this part of him that misses the mafia's threatening glare everytime he try to disagree with what she decided to do and to make him do. The introvert is longing for her rude and cold demeanor. He...miss her.

Kaiden, within these past few days, keeps on questioning himself. He's confused why he keep on missing the ruthless mafia queen. Everytime he turn his attention to the door, he keep on thinking about her and hoping she'll suddenly go inside through that quiet door.

He don't know. Kaiden don't understand himself anymore. He keeps on thinking the faint hurt expression on Scarlett's face when she were leaving after she heard him saying he don't have feelings for her. The introvert boy also keep on spacing out in his work and thankfully Akari didn't dismiss him. He even forgot about a presentation and the yakuza were annoyed but still forgave him.

There were soft two knocks on the door again, pulling Kaiden out from his deep reverie. After some seconds, he rushed towards the door and before he opened it, he quietly wished that I'll be Scarlett but he just got disappointed when the door revealed a smiling Akari.

"Hi! Good evening! Did I interrupt you?" she asked with a smile on her lips as she peeked behind Kaiden's muscular shoulders to see what's inside the condo.

It's her first time to go to the condominium and she was really amazed when she saw how organized and neat the place is. She didn't expect the room to be clean, she expected it to be messy like those boys out there but Kaiden isn't like them, he always make everything neat because his grandma told him not to be messy, especially when the place isn't his.

"U-Uhm, h-hello, M-Miss Akari, d-do you need s-something?" Kaiden asked lowly and bowed his head to not make an eye contact with the yakuza. He's still embarrassed for spacing out in work even though Akari already told him that he don't have to worry about it, he's already forgiven.

The yakuza beamed and raised something, which caused Kaiden to look up at him and his eyes widened when he saw the Pikachu keychain that Scarlett gave to him.

"You left this on your tabl---woah, calm down!" Akari chuckled with amusement whrn the introvert boy suddenly snatched it away from her hand and put it in his red hoodie's pocket, as if it was a treature and he's afraid that it will be stolen by someone. "It must be so important to you."

Yes, it's i-important to me.

The boy nodded and gave Akari an apologizing look for grabbing the keychain rudely, which caused the girl to chuckle more.

Akari sniffed when she smelled the mouthwatering aroma of the adobo that Kaiden cooked for supper. She smiled widely.

"Woah, did you cook that?" she asked with anticipation as the other nodded shyly and opened the door more.