Chapter 4

A few hours ago.....

"W-What?"

Kaiden's high hope suddenly plummeted and shattered into pieces when his boss told him that his job as a cashier is done now, he don't have to go in the coffee shop and work tomorrow again.

What will I do? How can I find a job again?

He bowed his head after felt anxious. Staring at his left hand that is on his thigh, he pouted a little and tried hard not to fidget.

I still have to pay my bills, and the rent too. I still haven't payed my three months rent and if I won't pay within this week, I will surely be kicked out from the apartment.

The nervous boy slightly squirmed on his seat, thinking hardly where to apply and how to get a job again.

Most of the companies, restaurants and fast-food chains located in the city didn't accept him because of his introvert self. They said they need someone who can interact with customers not a wallflower who is scared of speaking in front of people.

You cannot blame him, it's one of his nature. He's shy to talk with someone he do not know.

"Don't be sad. You'll still have job but not as a cashier anymore."

He slowly looked up at the old woman, hope in his eyes again. Miss Dorothea smiled.

"You see, someone told me to find a fellow that can work in a nightclub as a bartender."

The old woman outstretched her wrinkly arm and put a hand upon the innocent boy's forearm that was resting on the table between them.

"They offers a big salary, it'll help you in your living, Kaiden. Accept the job and you won't have to work all day again."

The old woman knows how hardworking the boy is. Kaiden once asked her if he can work within 24 hours to get a higher salary because he has to pay his rent in time and Miss Dorothea were amazed.

"R-Really?"

"Yes. You only have to work five hours a day and the salary will be 50-100 thousand pesos a week. It's based on your performance, of course."

Kaiden's eyes widened after the mention of the salary. Fifty thousand? Just a week? And five hours a day?

"The nightclub is luxurious, that's why the salary is high. Only rich people can enter in there. Now, what do you prefer; work in a nightclub or in a coffee shop?"

The introvert guy halted for a moment, then he beamed and held the old woman's wrinkly hands.

"I accept it, Miss Dorothea! I'll work in a nightclub!"

The old lady smiled evily. She let Kaiden's arm go and opened the drawer of her table and pulled out a white handkerchief.

"Alright. But....."

She stood up. She leaned across the table and immediately covered the oblivious, gleeful boy's mouth with the cloth that has chloroform.

"....sleep for now, Kaiden."

Kaiden tried to push her hands away but she didn't let go. Miss Dorothea said 'come in', and after some seconds two men in black entered the room. They held his hands tightly and waited until the innocent boy lost his consciousness.

The old woman removed the handkerchief and dusted her shirt arrogantly. She turned her gaze to the men and gestured them to take the unconscious boy.

-----