Chapter 25

"Where is my....." Scarlett roamed her eyes around the kitchen and the dining room before she looked at her most trustem men who are quietly eating the breakfast that Jaxon made. "....strawberry cake?"

The four halted for a moment before they slowly looked up at their boss, who is standing beside that head seat, where she is sitting on everytime she eats, with sarcastic looks on their faces.

"None of us here knows how to make your favourite strawberry cake. We didn't hide it either. Why don't you start finding it outside? Or in Ilocos, Kaiden's home? Since he's there and he's the one who knows how to bake your cake," Louie uttered with sarcastic and annoyed voice, then he started putting alightly uncooked bacons inside his talkative mouth.

Jaxon were kinda lazy today so he didn't cook the foods rightly and some were burnt since he kept falling asleep. He's lack of sleep because went to Scarlett's private arena and came home five in the morning and his jerk friends woke him up in seven so you cannot blame him if the sunny- side up eggs were burnt and the fried rice tasted like burnt plastic.

"I bought cake yesterday but it's mocha-flavored," Hades said before he continued eating the foods.

Austin and Jaxon just shaked their heads before continued to eat, too, as Scarlett stared at the kitchen island and her eyes widened infinitesimally when she suddenly saw Kaiden there smiling and leaning against it while patting the head of his husky and caressing his cat's back with his other hand.

The kitchen island where she usually see the introvert boy talking and playing with his pets.

She blinked and the boy disappeared like a bubble as the mafia queen gritted her teeth and went out of the dining area with her long strides.

It's been two weeks since she got the news that Kaiden finally got discharged from the hospital and just like what Avery said, she didn't let Kaiden step his feet in Montanari residence again. She herself was the one who took Kaiden's things from the villa two weeks ago, including his cat and his puppy.

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn! Damn!

Scarlett breathed heavily and was about to go upstairs but she stopped right at the foot of the staircase when the servant' room suddenly piqued her attention. The huge room where Kaiden used to stay in everytime he's done with household chores.

She didn't know who pushed her to walk towards that room. She just found herself already standing in front of the wooden double doors that were painted with dark brown, her hand in the golden doorknob.

And since she was already there, she hesitantly opened the door and entered. For the second time, she guess, she entered the servant's wide and spacious room.

The mafia queen roamed her eyes around the place before her cold gaze stopped on the fifth bed, where a Pikachu poster where plastered at the wall beside it.

She narrowed her eyes and slowly approached the bed, then she sat on it and Kaiden's natural sweet lavender scent that was mixed with his manly scent immediately invaded her nostril, causing her to shiver without any specific reason.

She breathed the scent around her while enjoying the silence and kinda somber atmosphere and staring at the Pikachu poster that was glued against the white wall. After some seconds, she finally noticed the small written name on the poster, right beneath the picture.

Scarlett narrowed her eyes and slowly slid from the bed. She squatted in front of the poster and stared closely at the name written on it and a very meager smile (that she wasn't aware of) went its way to her lips when she saw the introvert boy's name written on it.