Chapter 11

"Huh? They're back?" Kaiden asked himself after he heard a loud screech outside the villa.

He gazed at the wall clock inside the servants' gigantic room and confusion immediately invaded his system when he saw that it's just been ten minutes since the mafias left. He thought they're back.

The innocent boy narrowed his eyes. He removed the comforter over him and he almost fell onto the floor when the doorbell rang loudly and repeatedly.

He hastily pulled himself up and went out of the room, making his way to the huge wooden double main door of the gigantesque house.

Outside the villa's doors, a 24 years old demoiselle, wearing denim jumper pants, loose, plain white t-shirt and white rubber shoes, is standing on the stone threshold while pushing the doorbell's button repeatedly.

Two bodyguards of the residence are standing behind her with their head hanging low, scared because they are sure that the ruthless mafia queen will kick them out of their jobs for letting a stranger go inside the residence, right to the villa.

Being a guard of the residence is a good job with high salary (50 thousand per month). Ordinary people are trying to get that job and risking their lives because of the high salary. They know there's fifty percent that they will die inside the residence but they don't really care, they need money to survive. Cursed money.

"M-Miss, please, come back tomorrow because Miss Scarlett isn't here and ask permission to enter the villa from her."

The said girl stopped and turned to the bodyguards who are already looking at her with their begging eyes. She gave them a glare and put her hands on her hips, as if she's a grandma scolding her grandchilds.

"I am not here for her. I'm here to see the love of my life, okay? So shut up and don't stop me! I don't care about your Miss Scarlett!"

The door finally opened and revealed sleepy Kaiden as the girl turned around and squealed when she saw the introvert boy.

"Kaiden, babe!"

She attacked the surprised boy with her bruising hug and slightly jumped because of happiness.

"K-Keira? W-What are y-you doing here?"

Keira Alcantara, a twenty-four years old sister of Avery. She's a newly graduated and now working as a chef in their mother's Japanese restaurant.

The chef has a crush on Kaiden but the innocent boy rejected her nicely a few months ago, but the girl didn't stop, she kept clinging onto him and treating him as the way a highschool girl treat her crush.

She missed Kaiden because they didn't see each other for the whole week, the chef was busy with her job and now that she's free, she went to Montanari villa and visit her crush.

Avery, her sister, who came in the villa a few hours ago, told her that Kaiden is currently staying in the Mafia queen's house and working as a chef. The doctor also told her sister about what happed a few days ago, when he was kidnapped by the Mafias. Keira got worried so she decided to go to the residence and visit Kaiden.

"I missed you, love! Don't you miss me?"

She placed a soft kiss on his slightly chubby cheeks before she pulled away from the hug.

"I missed you too, Keira. B-But w-why are you here? Y-You shouldn't go out at night, it's dangerous."

"Hmm, are you worried for me?"

The chef beamed widely as she wrapped her arms around Kaiden's neck again.

"O-Of course, I'm worried. You k-know, you're like m-my sister and I don't want s-something bad happen to you."