Chapter 58

"Hey, stop crying, I'm still alive, Dwarfie."

The sniper, who's sitting on the hospital bed and just woke up an hour ago after three days of sleeping and the surgery he went under, chuckled as he tightened his hold around the doctor's thin waist.

She kept crying since he woke up and it's also been an hour since she's straddling on the sniper's thighs and wrapping her arms around his neck, almost choking him because it was kinda tight but Louie didn't mind.

"I-I hate you!" Avery uttered and pulled her face away from the mafia's neck. She glared at him. "Y-You sent lots of mafias to protect me b-but you d-didn't even took one with you! If you only took someone with you to protect you then you wouldn't get s-shot!"

"I wanted to be alone. I wouldn't be alone if I took someone with me, Dwarfie."

Louie chuckled teasingly as the doctor punched his unwounded shoulder.

He was got shot on his left shoulder but Louie didn't wake up right after the surgery because he lost too much blood. It took time for him to recover since he was also kinda weak that time for not eating well.

"Anyways, you have to go back to---"

"No! I won't leave again!"

"C'mon. You have to tell Kaiden about----"

"Why don't you tell Megan or Keiko to do that?!"

The sniper let out a chuckle and raised his right hand to wipe the tears off the doctor's face.

"You're the one who's close to Kaiden, babe. You should tell him, I'm sure that baby will break down if he find out that Coldy almost died."

Yes, Scarlett is alive but she still didn't wake up. She lost her heartbeat three days ago but the private doctors somehow managed to save her from death. Everyone were thankful.

"W-Why don't we just tell him once Scarlett wake up? I'm sure he won't be able to eat well if he is worried and I cannot let that happen."

"But I am sure he's worried now, Dwarfie. It's been a month since Coldy assured him that she'll go back and until now she is still here."

The doctor gave her boyfriend a small smile.

"Don't worry, Lorenzo told me that he's eating well even though he's worried. He said he and Andrew kept reassuring him that Scarlett is just busy and will come back soon."

Louie didn't respond. He kept staring at her without doing anything. Avery stared back and their staring contest lasted for two minutes and the doctor couldn't stand it anymore.

Her smile widened.

"Didn't know he's handsome when you look at him closely," she mumbled and let out a giggle as the sniper frowned and tightened his hold around her waist.

"Who's handsome?!"

"Lorenzo." The doctor giggled again. "He's also kind. He helped me to find Kaiden when we couldn't find him and even took me to the airport. Isn't that sweet?"

Louie snorted and released his hold around the doctor's waist. He hissed and carried her off his thighs, he put the girl onto the bed before he sulkily lied on the bed and turned to the other side, his back is now facing the frowing doctor.

"Hey! How dare you to----"

"Go out. I'm sleepy."

The doctor frowned even more and kicked the sniper's lower back.