Chapter 7

"Wait! It might be a bomb that will explode if you open the box! Don't! Don't open it! I still don't wanna die yet! Tons of girls will cry! I still haven't spread my gorgeous genes!"

Hades, who told the sniper to go to the living room because Scarlett received a gift from the president, groaned lowly when Louie started to speak with his unstoppable and boastful mouth, regretting his life decisions.

I rue calling this thing! He is making my blood boil!

"There's ninety percent chance that it is a bomb that will start if you open the cover! Just like his former gifts that almost killed me and my handsome face! Thanks to Hades he knows how to stop a bomb! Don't! Don't open it, Coldy!"

Louie knelt on the floor and pressed his right ear against the top of the box, he then started to sniff as if he was a dog trying to find the source of the delicious smell of a leftover.

"What the fvck are you doing!?"

He raised a hand and gestured Hades to shut up as he pressed his ear upon the box again. With scrutinizing eyes looking at the ceiling (sign of concentration), he repeatedly hit the side of the box with his left knuckles.

"Hmm. There's no noise inside or any sign of bomb. Alright! Let's open it!"

He pulled himself up and didn't waste any time, he lifted the cover with anticipation.

The sniper took a step back because of surprise, his eyes widened a little bit, the cover of the box fell from his hand, which caused a harsh thud when it met the tiled floor. After that sound, nothing comes next. Silence embraced them.

There, they saw a horrifying sight. It was two bloody heads, eyeballs were taken out of their sockets, tongues that are placed upon their foreheads were cut into two and bloody daggers were stabbed in their temples.

Austin clutched his stomach, stopping himself from throwing up. Hades gaped at the heads. Louie fell onto the couch behind him with widened eyes, almost not blinking. Scarlett and Jaxon stayed calm and cold.

Meanwhile, oblivious Kaiden made his way out of the kitchen to announce that foods are already cooked, which he regret doing so because the moment he stepped his feet in the lounge area, his gaze immediately fell to the frightful sight inside the box.

He stiffened and blinked, pinching his arm to check if he's dreaming or not, and when he felt pain and realized he isn't. He started to fidget.

"W-Where d-did that come f-from?"

He stepped back with his trembling knees, fearful eyes looking at the Mafias as if they were a beast, threatening and ready to hurt him, he clasped his hands over his chest and blinked twice.

Avery was right when she said that Mafia world is filthy and disgusting. They said it was a gift from the president but why is it like that?

"T-The f-foods are r-ready. Y-You can eat n-now."

After that, he rushed to the main door and disappeared within a second.

Louie let out a distressed sigh. He leaned against the backrest and massaged his temples.

"Better call his bestfriend or else we're all dead if she found out that Kaiden's not here. That Shorty will surely ruin the whole world if she cannot find her friend."

He looked at his boss who is still holding the letter and glaring coldly at the box.

"Can you read the letter?"

Hades snatched the piece of paper from Scarlett's hand because it seems like she don't have plan to do what the sniper asked her to do.

"Dear Miss Scarlett, I heard you bought ladies from the auction, sad to say they are already with their families, safe from you. It's not good to buy kidnapped ladies for your precious nightclub, it's crime, Scarlett, but don't worry I won't arrest you because your members already saved you with their lives. PS; Isn't it pleasant to look at their heads?"