Chapter 12

"Coldy!"

The four Mafias's eyes widened when they saw their boss running towards Kaiden. She almost got run over by a truck, luckily she managed to jump onto a slow moving hatchback's hood to dodge the huge vehicle, startling the driver and causing him to step onto brake.

They watched Scarlett jump from hood to hood until she reached Kaiden.

The racing sports cars were only a few meters away from the introverted boy and the cat when the Mafia queen leaped over the car beside Kaiden and perfectly landed beside the scared boy who looked at her with wide eyes.

"You're a headache," Scarlett mumbled coldly before she forcefully pushed Kaiden away from the road.

She didn't had plan to leave the road because she's Scarlett Montanari, everyone, including the drivers of the cars, know about her and no one would want to run over her.

The drivers maneuvered their cars towards the bunch of cars in the other roadways just to prevent themselves from killing the ruthless Mafia queen who were standing in the middle of the road.

As I said, Scarlett didn't had plan to leave the road because she knew that would happen but Kaiden grabbed her right arm when she pushed him so they both landed onto the sidewalk with the innocent boy under her, the scared stray cat snuggling against the side of Kaiden's neck.

"M-Miss S-Scarlett, y-your c-cheek."

Kaiden's eyes widened when he saw three long bleeding wounds on Scarlett's right cheek, it was caused by the cat who were surprised and scared when they plummeted, it accidentally clawed the mafia's face when it jumped from the boy's arms to protect itself from being squeezed between the falling humans.

Scarlett stared at Kaiden's worried doe eyes and for the first time within those lonely and cold past years, she felt warmth and the gleeful feeling when you know that someone is worried about you.

To be honest, it's the first time she saw someone she just met being worried for her. Aside from her four jerk companions, no one ever dared to show that they're worried about her being.

For the second time, she felt that little happiness she had felt the moment those four dorks showed that they're worried for her.

In Kaiden's part, being worried when someone is hurt, family member or friends or stranger or even animals, is one of his natural traits. He's a caring person.

Scarlett, after some seconds of staring at Kaiden's worried eyes, slightly flinched when she felt his warm fingertips, wiping the bloods off her cheek.

After that, Kaiden held the Mafia queen's forearms and slowly stood up, pulling Scarlett up with him.

In the other part of the road, there Austin and the hacker, smirking mischievously while watching their half-absentminded boss being pulled up by Kaiden who has worried face.

The sniper slowly walked closer to Hades and nudged him with an evil smile plastered on his lips, gazing at the interesting scene across them.

"I can smell something fishy."

"It's your armpit."

"Damn you, Jaxon! Go to fvcking hell!"

-------

After a week.....

"Hades, did he finally say something about his boss?"

"No, I kept torturing him but he don't want to speak. He's dying but he really don't want to reveal who told them to attack you. He kept telling that Dark is the one who tasked them to do that but I didn't believe, he's obviously lying."