The Saints Motive

Inside the meeting hall

"The main road is well maintained and many merchants from Blumund were seen going in and out of the Monster Country Tempest. Although the concentration of magicules is a little high, It ultimately doesn't affect the human body. The two rulers Demon Lord Rimuru and Demon King Kyru gave the impression that they wanted peace with humans. Which they had orginally stated." The Holy Knight Litith says

"Did you see Veldora?" Hinata ask Litith 

"No about that... The entrance to the sealed cave is forbidden so I didn't enter it. So I don't know his whereabouts." Litith says to Hinata.

"Well I understand why you're anxious. We let the birth of two new Demon Lords happen at once and we also failed the reemergence of the storm dragon. That all happened immediately they had invaded Tempest and someone had let a slime escape." Said Sare who was is a rook elite of the Holy Emperor's imperial guard.

"Show some respect, Sare-dono." Holy Knight Lennart says to Sare.

"That's right kid. If you have a problem with Hinata-sama then how about you face me instead?" Holy Knigth Arnaud says to Sare.

"Tch. So you wanna fight us? You classy knights sure are getting cocky!" Rook Elite Gregori says to the Holy knights.

"Huh? What did you say? You seem to have a death wish!"

"Enough of that.. I don't mind that you guys don't get along well, but don't forget that his excellence the holy emperor is behind the curtain. This is not the time to fight over something so foolish!" Hinata says to everyone.

"I apologize..." Lennart says.

"Whoa! That's some killing intent right there... Hinata-sama..." Holy Knight Fritz of the "Wind" says.

"Anyways continuing on. Sare... I'm waiting to hear from you next. Didn't you go check on the state of affairs in Farmus?" Hinata ask Sare.

"I get it... The new king Edward, is doing everything he can to build up his forces. I'm pretty sure that he is trying to cause a civil war soon. After all it looks like he had been in contact with a merchant from the east to buy arms." Sare explained to Hinata.

"But I heard that the abdication was handled peacefully." Litith says to Sare.

"So it seems. However they are now required to comply with Tempest's demands for reparations, and according to the nobles they were asked to pay a price that could bring the country to its demise." Sare explains to Litith.

"So the king has no intention to comply?" Hinata ask.

"If you were to take the throne just so you could clean up the mess of the previous king. Then you are either too good of a soul or an unthinking fool." Sare says to Hinata.

"Well if Tempest has anticipated that. Then they have already predicted the current actions of Farmus." Hinata says back to Sare.

"Are you saying that Demon Lord Rimuru and Demon King Kyru are intentionally driving them towards Civil War?" Sare ask.

("This would have been easier for us to handle them if they decided to attack and destroy Farmus by force instead...  You are some quite troublesome opponents Kyru Tempest and Rimuru Tempest...") Sare

"By the way I was just wondering... You've mentioned that the King Edward was in touch with a merchant from the east? Did that merchant do anything suspicious?" Hinata ask Sare.

"Why the merchant? We were just talking about Demon Lord Rimuru and Demon King Kyru intentions..." Sare says to Hinata.

"Just answer..." Hinata says with a cold tone.