001. Thornharts

~Thornharts~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The Thornhart family was a powerful family throughout London. Francis Thornhart, also known as Lord Thornhart, was The Marquess Thornhart. He was known for his bravery and courage in keeping the community safe and out of harm's way. Lord Thorhart took his job seriously, so much he rarely had time to spend time with his pregnant wife and young daughter.

Rachel Thornhart, also known as The Marchioness Thornhart, was a sweetheart. The opposite of Lord Thornhart and his cold exterior. She cared a lot about her community and helping her husband the best way she could. Lady Thornhart prayed every night for her husband's safety whenever he had to leave aboard. Not only was she an amazing wife, but an amazing mother as well.

Athena Thornhart, also known as Lady Thornhart, was the only child of the Thornharts, well....for now. Even though she was fairly young, Athena always wanted to make her father proud and cared a lot about his opinions. She was excited about the new edition, wanting nothing more for the baby in her mother's stomach to arrive so she can play the role of big sister and protect them as much as possible. 

The Thornharts were a force to be reckoned with. Anybody who knew the family, knew not to mess with them. But with so much power came with so much grief. The Thornharts were not exactly united as one would assume—no, from the outside looking in, they were the perfect family, a noble husband, a respectful wife, and a smart daughter. But from the inside, they were a broken family. Soon enough, their facade will slowly break and everyone will see how broken the Thornharts truly are.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The family of three sat by the fireplace as the storm was beginning to form outside. The clouds once white, becoming dark gray—almost black, the occasional rumble of thunder was heard throughout the Thornhart home. The heavy rain pattering against the windows.

The man of the house sat in his usual seat, reading the newspaper that was brought to their home that morning. His wife sat closer by the fire, spending time with their daughter knowing soon enough, she wouldn't have time once the baby had arrived.

"You know." Rachel started as she rubbed her huge belly, watching Athena draw. "I thought about some names."

"What would those be?" Francis asked, not bothering to look up from his newspaper.

"If it's a boy, I was thinking Apollo."

"Really? I was thinking more of Francis Thornhart the second."

"Of course not. I did not spend 40 weeks just to name our child after you." Rachel rolled her eyes at her husband's outrageous idea. She loved her husband with all her heart but over her dead body would she name her child after him. "And for a girl, I was thinking—"