004. Kiss Ass

~Kiss Ass~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Athena had made her debut and let's just say—it was something unexpected. With all the efforts the Thornharts made, you would expect Athena to be on top but alas she wasn't. Queen Charlotte didn't really care much about Athena, simply looked at her and continued with the next girl in line. This year Queen Charlotte was not impressed as much as people would have liked. But as the saying goes, 'the show must go on'.

After the uneventful encounter with Queen Charlotte, Athena paid no mind to it and focused on what was really important—finding a husband. Athen looked around the room to see any suitable men but she was unimpressed. All the men she had spoken to were either too old, too cocky, or just plain right annoying. It took everything in her not to leave the event early.

Athen walked across the room to get herself a drink. She knew this would be a long night. Athena sighed, grabbing a drink from the table and taking a sip.

"Enjoying your evening?" A voice asked, making Athena flinch. She turned around, found a boy around her age, taking a drink as well.

"I'm sorry. Where are my manners? Daniel Miller. You must be Lady Thornhart. It's a pleasure to meet you." Daniel introduced himself, bowing his head a little.

Taking a good look at him, Daniel was very handsome. His black hair slicked back to perfection, his suit well ironed. But his aura is what caught Athena's attention the most. In those beautiful dark eyes kept well hidden secrets. Secrets that would soon come to light. His mysterious aura captivated Athena, wanting to dig deeper and deeper and until she knew everything about him.

But as much as Athena kept eyeing him, she kept her composure. "You don't look familiar." Raising her perfectly sculptured brows.

Athena pretty much knew everyone and anyone but she never knew of Daniel. It had seemed he had just appeared in thin air.

Daniel smirked, placing his drink down. "That's because I don't usually show up to these types of events." 

Athena nodded her head. "Well, I'm sure you'd be a great addition."

"Would you like to dance?"

"I would love to."

Taking Athena's hand, Daniel walked them towards the middle of the ballroom and started dancing. Making eye contact throughout the entire time.

For the first time ever, Athena could see herself without Athony. Anthony was her Romero but she was not his Juliet. He didn't see her as a lover, he saw her as a friend. This was her chance to move on from her childhood crush. To find someone that would take care of her, to love her. But would Daniel be the one to sweep her off her feet? Would her father approve of her relationship with this unknown man?