017. Reunited

~Reunited~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The season's opening ball at Danbury House was one of the most anticipated events of the social season. Where young men and women meet one another, potentially meeting their future partners. It was a way for the young adults to socialize. An event that Persephone wouldn't miss.

Persephone watched as Arabella took out dresses for her. Daniel and Athena were adamant about Persephone wearing blue for some reason. Even though she did enjoy the color, she believed she needed something better. This was the first of many balls and she wanted to stand out.

"From your closet, I only found these two dresses." Arabella came back out holding onto two dresses. "You don't have many blue dresses."

Persephone inspected the two dresses, pouting. "I don't like them."

"Lady Thornhart said—"

"I know what she said." Persephone waved Arabella off, walking to her closet. "Every other girl is going to wear some of these types of colors. I at least want to look different."

Persephone knew which dress she wanted, she just had to find it. Every other girl was going to wear the basic pink, gold, blue, or white dresses. Of course she knew this because of the dress shop. Those were the main colors the other girls were going to be wearing. She at least wanted to stand out for her first ball.

"But wouldn't they get mad?" Arabella fidgeted with her fingers. Persephone knew very well 'they' were Athena and Daniel.

"Mmm, I don't care." Persephone replied, smiling when she found the dress she was looking for. Walking out of the closet, Arabella gave a wary look when she saw the dress. "Listen, this is my first social season. I'm going to dress how I want to dress and if they don't like it, they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine."

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Arabella questioned her but nonetheless helped the girl in her dress. "I mean you look amazing but I definitely don't want to hear Daniel's mouth."

"Well lucky for you, you won't hear it, I will." Persephone knew the ride to Danbury's house was going to be a full on lecture on how she doesn't listen to anyone. She could care less.

Twirling around in her now red dress, Persephone faced Arabella. "Well? How do I look?"

Arabella smiled. "Red does compliment you very well."

"I mean it is my color." Persephone joked as she looked at herself in the mirror. She knew this dress would catch everyone's eyes and that's why she was going to wear it. "I need to make a good impression."

"You've already made a good impression."

"I know but I need to live up to it." Now more than ever Persephone had to live up to her title. She was a ruby. She was perfection. She was a Thornhart. Everyone will be watching her.