029. Conflicted

~Conflicted~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

As much as Persephone hated her home, she was very glad to be back and away from the eyes of the outsiders. The pressure of being perfect. Pretending that everything was ok was slowly chipping away. She felt like she was suffocating and she needed to breathe. The comfort of her bedroom was calling her name. But it didn't take long for Daniel to step out of his office to ruin her mood even more.

"Persephone, we need to talk."

"What do you want? What else do you want to talk about?" Persephone was tired. Tired of everything and everyone. She didn't want to talk to anyone, especially someone like Daniel.

"We need to talk about the plan. I have arranged some dates—"

"I'm not marrying him."

Daniel could feel his patience running thin as she interrupted him. "You are marrying him. We gave you the documents. You read every single word in that document. You need to get it through your thick head and understand you don't have a choice."

"You nor Francis had the right to decide on who I was going to marry. That was supposed to be my choice not yours. You had the choice to marry my sister as he had the choice to marry my mother and you will not forbid me to make a choice." Persephone yelled at him as she pointed things out. It wasn't fair for others to have the choice on who they wanted to marry but she couldn't.

"Yes. Go right ahead and give the Arringtons the right to the Linwood properties. Make them bloody rich so that you can be the dumbest woman alive. I'm sure your grandfather would be very proud of the woman you have become." Daniel snapped at her.

"I'm not giving the Arringtons nothing. My ancestors did not work their asses off just for me to give it to them just like that."

"Well it seems like it, considering you don't want to marry him." Daniel scoffed, throwing his hands up in disbelief. "Come on, Persephone, you're not a teenager. You are a grown ass woman. You should know what you need to do."

"What you forced me into." Persephone corrected him. "You've made my life a living hell the moment you stepped into my home. I wouldn't even be surprised if you were the one that came up with the idea."

Daniel was too adamant on this fake marriage. There had to be a reason why. It couldn't be because of Francis. As much as he was a kiss ass, no one would be this adamant on the marriage that was arranged.

"Don't accuse me for such things. I'm doing what your father would have wanted me to. As the man of the house, I have to do what's right and what he would have wanted." Daniel half lied. He knew he was the one who set everything up. Persephone didn't need to know that, not yet at least.