002. Tea Party

~Tea Party~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

A lot had changed over the years in the Thornhart household. As Persephone started growing, Francis was being more and more distant towards her. Never once holding her, never once caring any ounce about her. His pride and ego never allowed him to share a bond with his daughter and throughout the years, Persephone had gotten used to it. She was used to being ignored, never once sharing a father and daughter bond that the other girls had. She only had her mother and after all, that was all that mattered.

Even though Francis became distant with Persephone, it didn't mean Athena had any special treatment—no, ever since that fateful night, Francis became distant with Athena as well. Athena was once the light of her father's eyes but the only thing that consumed him was pure darkness. But Athena was determined, she was determined to win back her father's love and rebuild the bond that was now broken.

Now at the age of 5, Persephone had her own things to worry about. One of them being which doll she should bring to the Bridgerton household. And as of now, she couldn't quite decide which one of her dolls was worthy.

"Margaret, which one should I take? Marie or Polly?" Persephone asked the older woman who was styling her hair. Persephone showed her nanny the two dolls, one was blonde while the other was a brunette.

"I say go with Polly, she does match the dress you're wearing." Margaret replied, finishing up the young girl's hair. "There, you're all done for your play date."

Rachel and her daughters were invited to the Bridgerton household. Of course, Rachel was very good friends with Lady Violet Bridgerton and was happy to accept their invitation to their home. It was also an excuse to leave the house and have Persephone have a playdate with Daphne.

"Do you think Francis might come?" Persephone asked as she grabbed the doll she was going to take. Her relationship with her father was so bad, she always referred to him by his name, never calling him 'father'.

Margaret frowned as she looked at Persephone. She can never get out the image of Francis walking out of the house after it was announced his last child was a girl. Margaret was disappointed in seeing him act this way but she couldn't do anything, she was just a worker after all.

"I believe not dear. He left pretty early for work." Margaret gently grabbed the girl, it was evident Persephone didn't enjoy her father's resentment towards her. "But don't you worry, you are going to have so much fun with the Bridgertons."

Persephone nodded her head as she hugged her doll, bringing the animant object close to her. "I heard Daphne has some new toys."

"Persephone dear, it's time to go." Her mother announced from downstairs.