032. Marriage

~Marriage~

 ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Where the hell is she?" Persephone paced back and forth in the room.

While Athena was wondering whether to leave the house or not, Persephone was in her white gown, ready to walk down the aisle but she needed her sister. Athena promised that she would be here. That she would watch her get married. But as the time for her wedding was slowly approaching, Athena was nowhere in sight. It didn't help when Margaret arrived without Athena or the boys.

"Maybe she's having trouble with her dress. I'm sure she'll be here in no time." Naomi tried her best to calm the bride but she didn't think she helped much.

"It's almost time for the ceremony and she isn't here. She should have been here by now. What if she isn't going to show up?" Persephone couldn't help but overthink. Lady Whistledown already announced her marriage with James and it was only a matter of time before Daniel and Robert would realize their little plan wasn't going to work out after all.

"I'm sure she'll show up, Persephone, don't overthink so much." Naomi really tried to be hopeful for her best friend but Naomi didn't fully trust Athena. After what Persephone had told her, she didn't really think Athena would show up at all and she knew that would break Persephone's heart.

"Margaret, you were at the house, what happened?" Persephone needed answers and she knew the only person she could get it from was Margaret. "And please just be honest with me."

Margaret didn't want to lie to the bride. She knew Persephone was old enough and capable of handling the news of her sister possibly not showing up but she knew how she would react. Margaret knew how upset Persephone would be and how disappointed she would be if her sister did not attend the wedding.

Margaret sighed. "Daniel found out about everything and has forbidden her from attending the wedding. I left Athena crying, she was practically a mess. I do not know if she will attend the wedding but I did tell her to make the right decision."

"That's just fucking great." Persephone didn't need this right now, not at this moment. This was her moment and just like that, drama seems to always come back and bite her in the ass. It wasn't fair.

"Did she tell you anything before you left?" Naomi asked Margaret, watching Persephone sit down.

Margaret shook her head. "I just left her with that decision. I apologize if that's not the answer that you wanted."

Margaret felt bad. She felt like she should have done something. Maybe convince Athena more or force her to get ready and leave with her. But she didn't want to pressure the girl. She had walked in the room finding her in distress, Margaret didn't want to add more stress to the poor woman.