019. Letters

~Letters~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

It had been a couple of days since James had visited the Thornhart mansion. But that didn't stop the duo from communicating. No—for the past couple of days the two young adults kept writing to each other. But it has also been a couple of days since Arabella and James' handmaiden were running around like a headless chicken trying to deliver the letters.

The two understood the young duo wanting to keep communicating but had a lot of things holding them back...things being Daniel. It was surprising how Daniel didn't seem to catch on to what was going on. Matter of fact, nobody in the Thornhart mansion knew the young Thornhart was writing to a young Vronsky.

But, Persephone wanted to keep it that way. The mere idea of anyone finding out what was going on, it would eventually force her to stop. As much as Persephone knew she could possibly be caught, she didn't care. She didn't care about Daniel being mad at her and she didn't care if Athena would be disappointed in her. This was her life and nobody was going to stop her from doing what she wanted to do.

Speaking of letters, Persephone watched Arabella from the window as she marched inside—no doubt with a letter from James. Since Persephone didn't have any callers, she had no choice but to stay in her room. It wasn't like anyone had needed her for anything.

Arabella huffed as she entered Persephone's room. "You know, I'm starting to regret ever coming up with this idea."

"But you are doing me a huge favor." Persephone replied, taking the letter from Arabella's hand. "You will be compensated for all your hard work."

"I better be." Arabella took a seat on Persephone's bed as tried wiping the sweat from her forehead. "What did he write this time?"

Persephone smiled. "Just how much he wants to see me. He's practically been begging to know if I'm going to wear the necklace or not."

After Persephone had read the letter James had written to her, she ended up responding back to him. Thanking him for the gifts and how much she would cherish them. But ended up telling him that he would have to wait and see if she would wear the expensive jewelry he had gifted her.

"I mean I would too if I was him. That damn necklace is expensive." Arabella stated, watching the young girl place the letter in her jewelry box. "Speaking of necklace, where is it anyways?"

"Hidden until further notice. If my sister sees the necklace, she's going to be suspicious and is going to want to know where I got it."

As Persephone grew older, she had gotten an understanding on how Athena worked. Which was why there were certain things Persephone kept a secret. The gifts and the letters James had sent to her were all hidden. She knew if Athena would ever find out about them, she wouldn't stop interrogating her until she got her answers.