028. No means No

~No means No~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Are you not going to speak to me?" Athena asked her sister as they sat across from one another in the carriage.

After her talk with Margaret, Athena wanted to wait for Persephone and speak to her about the good news. But after Persephone arrived, she practically slammed the door in Athena's face, wanting nothing to do with her. Athena had no choice but to wait.

So she waited. Waited until the next day to speak to her, which was today, and nothing. Persephone was giving her sister the cold shoulder. Looking out the window instead of paying mind to anything her sister had to say.

"Persephone, what I have to tell you is really important." Athena practically pleaded with her sister but there was no avail.

"I don't want to hear your poor excuses." Persephone barely glanced at her, paying more attention to what was going on outside than to see her sister's face.

She didn't want to hear any excuse Athena had to say right now. She messed up and now she wants to make amends with her? Persephone had enough with her sister and she didn't want to deal with her. All she was going to do was say how sorry she was and that she had no choice.

"If you would just listen to me, you would know how important this is."

"I want to make this very clear. The reason I am anywhere near you is because we have to be here." Persephone looked at her sister as the carriage came to a stop. "If I had it my way, I wouldn't even be here but I guess that's a pattern within this family."

Before Athena could respond to her sister, Persephone was already out of the carriage putting on a facade that everything was fine. More and more people were talking about the dinner between the Vronskys and the Thornharts. Nobody has seen any of them...until now.

A new wing at Somerset house was opening today. Several attractions would be displayed. There was no doubt the Thornhart women would be attending.

But as the women continued walking inside, they could feel eyes on them. No doubt, wanting to know what went down in the wedding. But like they were always taught. Keep looking forward and your chin up high. That was the Thornhart rule. Nobody could know what was really going on behind closed doors, behind the facade being displayed upon them.

Upon looking around, her brown eyes met with a familiar shade of blue. A man she longed for. A man she could never have. James stood a couple of feet away from where she was standing.

"I'm going to speak to the Duke." Persephone turned her head to her sister.

"Persephone—"

"Are you going to forbid me to see him now?" Persephone tilted her head to the side, almost challenging her sister.